The Forgotten Weir (Original RPG Forest Theme)

Neifion

Wow, when you said "forest theme for a fantasy RPG" I expected something pleasant, calming, and a bit generic; maybe some woodwind or jungle percussion to drive home the point.

But what I heard was quite beautiful, thoughtful as it struck notes I didn't really expect. The vocals added just the right touch of mystery. Best of all, I feel like it could loop a whole bunch of times before getting stale. That said, it is rather short. Any plans on extending it?

I like it, sir, for whatever that's worth!

Wow, when you said "forest theme for a fantasy RPG" I expected something pleasant, calming, and a bit generic; maybe some woodwind or jungle percussion to drive home the point.

But what I heard was quite beautiful, thoughtful as it struck notes I didn't really expect. The vocals added just the right touch of mystery. Best of all, I feel like it could loop a whole bunch of times before getting stale. That said, it is rather short. Any plans on extending it?

I like it, sir, for whatever that's worth!

Thanks for listening Emblem!

I was definitely going for a more mysterious, dark sort of mood for this particular forest rather than the typical "happy, bright forest". I'm glad to hear you say it struck notes you didn't expect, as I was trying to achieve a distinctive sound. :)

It is indeed shorter than my usual fare, since the fellow who commissioned it wanted it to be that short. I might come back to it and extend it, since it was fun to work on and I can probably find more ways to explore it. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Nice music,it's calm and for some reason i'm thinking about Assassin's Creed atmosphere,strange...

Hey Xouman, at first I was like, WHA?! Assassin's Creed? But I think I see what you mean now, especially during AC's more contemplative moments.

This is really good I'm finding it inspiring since I'm working on music for an rpg as well! It actually reminds me of Tales of Symphonia, most of that game's forest music is not your typical happy woods fair lol.

I have yet to play Tales of Symphonia, but I've heard good things about the Tales series. Glad I could offer some inspiration to a fellow musician! :)

Thanks for listening guys!