Rise and Fall of the Final Boss (8-bit)

I think it sounds okay, but there were no melodies that really stuck in my head or made any impressions.. like, I feel like this song consists of many different ideas played after one another, and although there are good qualities to each and every one of those ideas (the portamento in one part sounded great, nice ending too), they just don't come together as a coherent song in my head.

Perhaps a song structure with some repetition and variation of a main theme could do the trick, whether that would be an intro + a loop, like any other game soundtrack, or intro + verse + chorus + verse and so on, like most music nowadays.

I hope I'm not discouraging you ^^;; and keep in mind that those are only suggestions and opinions :)

There are several melodies in the song that are memorable on their own. (I particularly liked the one at 1:54) But the song never really takes time with any of them, it goes straight from one to the next, etc. And because of that, none of them really stick out. I'd suggest chopping this song up into smaller songs that develop these melodies more.