just what this world needs - more gerudo valley!

FM

The first piano intro to your song of storms reminded me of Storm in the Desert here on OCR, when it progressed, I thought it was going into an old record of swing music, which was a really unique interpretation, if I may say. Maybe clean up and change tempos?

I was honestly really gripped by your intro/interpretation of Fire temple. Maybe more melody with vocals or ...?

I really LOVE where the forest temple is going. I just wish it was a bit longer. It feels like you got a solid intro and a solid outro, but not much substance in the middle. The intro feels like its leading up to a much faster song in general...?

I can't say I have a lot of music making experience, but as a passionate observer I really love what you're doing! Don't give up!!

Edited by Electric-Chai

Are yall sick of this yet? Haha

Potions today!

http://zazmusic.bandcamp.com/track/wip-cosmos-laboratory-lakeside-laboratory-potions-shop

Yes the title is a reference both to the Creedence Clearwater Revival album Cosmos Factory as well as to the great ZOoT speedrunner Cosmo who you can check out at twitch.tv/cosmowright

Watch him beat OoT in under 23 minutes here:

Also I know it (might) be early to start talking again about the next game, but I am very seriously considering Banjo Kazooie at this point. Good/bad idea?

other candidates include yoshi's island and majora's mask

Though I would really enjoy Banjo Kazooie and Yoshi's Island in your style -- it just seems like a natural soundtrack, given your folksy inclinations -- I think Majora's Mask should come first, especially since it shares a lot of the songs from OoT, which would make it easier to complete. You wouldn't have to do as many songs...I think...

Man, just keep making music. Me, personally, I'm happy with any music you choose to tackle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Call this a first draft: http://zazmusic.bandcamp.com/track/wip-gerudo-interludo mixed on very bad headphones so it will probably change in that respect if not also arrangement

yes the name is a very ungraceful reference to this: http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00368

one of the first three mixes I ever listened to, but that was like over a decade ago. djp talking about the grace and good fortune he had not to call it gerudo interludo always stuck with me though, and, well, here we are, in a less serious and more serious time, I think it's safe to say, like, whatever man

Edited by FM