Good God -SampleTank 3!

i'll probably give the guitars in there a try soon. they don't seem bad at all, but the patches are basically just the different guitar staples (strat, les paul, etc) at different pickup setups.

i don't quite get this emphasis on sampling all pickup settings when the sampling effort could've gone into doing cool stuff like vibrato or pinch harmonics or bends/slides or whatever, and mapping those to high velocity on some patches. so expect solid but uninspired patches in the guitar domain.

they did a couple mute patches, but none where they're mapped to low velocities.

i'm much happier with not as extensively sampled instruments that still let you do some cool shit. some of the ethnic instruments have some cool keyswitched articulations, for example. they're by no means comprehensive, but fun to play around with, and that matters most to me.

i'm glad the ST2 patches are included; some instruments in there really captured that spirit, despite being archaic by software standards.

like that mandolin that goes into tremolo at high velocities. i love that stuff.

yeah i wanna do more of these random masturbations again. OLR used to be my main outlet for that.

oh yeah, OLR is accepting songs again. just as a hint to myself.

haha I have a (bad) song that needs to be posted there - guaranteed to give you some laughs - just don't drink anything whilst listening to it - you will need a new keyboard :nicework:

• 1 month later...