PRC281 - Results - Watch Out For That Cow (Earthworm Jim 1)

Bundeslang

Congrats to the winners! And another round to our first timers Grauw & Mushroom Sword, you both debuted very impressively. Hope to see you around!

Since the turnout was so good, and the quality quite high, I had a crazy-ish idea: what would you people think of finishing the tunes / polishing them up, bundling them together to an EP, and submitting it to OCR for an OCR-I release? "Earthworm Jim: Use Your Head - The EP"

Good idea.

Congrats to the winners! And another round to our first timers Grauw & Mushroom Sword, you both debuted very impressively. Hope to see you around!

Since the turnout was so good, and the quality quite high, I had a crazy-ish idea: what would you people think of finishing the tunes / polishing them up, bundling them together to an EP, and submitting it to OCR for an OCR-I release? "Earthworm Jim: Use Your Head - The EP"

Sure, no problem.

Cool, Sir_NutS! Thanks for the support Bundeslang.

What about the rest of you guys? I've pledged to finish my sketch and work on it until it hits the front page anyway. This could be a fun little project, personally it would motivate me to finish my track much quicker. :) The Shining Force II Drive was a similarly small-scoped thing and was very satisfying!

Edited by evktalo

Awesome! I'll mark you guys down.

Yeah, I can and will definitely provide feedback. I also encourage everyone to give (more) feedback on each other's pieces. I was thinking what would be the easiest way to facilitate that, and I'm suggesting just posting it to the public Workshop forums. These works are out there via the compo anyway! :) You don't have to do that if you don't like, of course. I'll get back to you via PM - if you have updates before I do that, send them to me (or indeed, post them in the workshop).

I think we should move reasonably quickly, so I suggest the end of November to be the tentative deadline.

Here's how I figure this would proceed:

1) People refine their track with feedback, until the person thinks it's as good as it can/needs to be, considering time/resources/skill/willingness to keep working on the track etc. I'll make sure it's over the bar. Post new versions on workshop or PM them to me.

2) We need some album art. Front cover would suffice, though I think front cover + back cover with track list would be nice (think CD jacket).

3) Seeing as many of you had played the game before, some liner notes/track/game/soundtrack comments would be nice!

4) Once content is finished, I'll bundle the stuff up & send it to OCR for evaluation.

5) After evaluation, see if anything needs to be adjusted

6) Wait for the release

One thing about album tracks is that they don't all need to be OCR individual release quality, and I believe there's even a bit more leeway for the smaller OCR-I release. Though I do have to contact staff about the bar for quality. But yeah, this should aim to be a fairly relaxed, fun & quick little project!

Great to see that you guys are on board, I've also heard from HoboKa and Supercoolmike, so the only one who hasn't yet said yea or nay is Grauw.

I'll try to get into commenting on tracks ASAP. Cheers!

Awesome! I'll mark you guys down.

Yeah, I can and will definitely provide feedback. I also encourage everyone to give (more) feedback on each other's pieces. I was thinking what would be the easiest way to facilitate that, and I'm suggesting just posting it to the public Workshop forums. These works are out there via the compo anyway! :) You don't have to do that if you don't like, of course. I'll get back to you via PM - if you have updates before I do that, send them to me (or indeed, post them in the workshop).

I think we should move reasonably quickly, so I suggest the end of November to be the tentative deadline.

Here's how I figure this would proceed:

1) People refine their track with feedback, until the person thinks it's as good as it can/needs to be, considering time/resources/skill/willingness to keep working on the track etc. I'll make sure it's over the bar. Post new versions on workshop or PM them to me.

2) We need some album art. Front cover would suffice, though I think front cover + back cover with track list would be nice (think CD jacket).

3) Seeing as many of you had played the game before, some liner notes/track/game/soundtrack comments would be nice!

4) Once content is finished, I'll bundle the stuff up & send it to OCR for evaluation.

5) After evaluation, see if anything needs to be adjusted

6) Wait for the release

One thing about album tracks is that they don't all need to be OCR individual release quality, and I believe there's even a bit more leeway for the smaller OCR-I release. Though I do have to contact staff about the bar for quality. But yeah, this should aim to be a fairly relaxed, fun & quick little project!

Great to see that you guys are on board, I've also heard from HoboKa and Supercoolmike, so the only one who hasn't yet said yea or nay is Grauw.

I'll try to get into commenting on tracks ASAP. Cheers!

Sounds good Eino.

Do you think you could start a new thread for this, to keep things organized? Though I don't know what the process is for OCR-i albums, but having a thread in context would help.

I will revise my mix soon and get back to you.

Sounds good Eino.

Do you think you could start a new thread for this, to keep things organized? Though I don't know what the process is for OCR-i albums, but having a thread in context would help.

I will revise my mix soon and get back to you.

Excellent! I'm just not sure where I'd be allowed to put such a topic. R&C is supposed to be for recruitment (though we do need an artist). Perhaps we need to apply for official project approval and get our thread in the Projects forum. :)

Oh nice! A “yay” from me!

Most excellent! We have the whole roster - this is great. Thanks Jorito for playing the messenger!

I've given everyone's tracks another listen-through and I'm brewing some feedback. Hope to get to everything in the weekend. It's coming, though you don't need to wait for it to keep working! Also I've worked on own track a bit.

Excellent! I'm just not sure where I'd be allowed to put such a topic. R&C is supposed to be for recruitment (though we do need an artist). Perhaps we need to apply for official project approval and get our thread in the Projects forum. :)

Most excellent! We have the whole roster - this is great. Thanks Jorito for playing the messenger!

I've given everyone's tracks another listen-through and I'm brewing some feedback. Hope to get to everything in the weekend. It's coming, though you don't need to wait for it to keep working! Also I've worked on own track a bit.

And if everyone has reworked their track, I think we should do another voting stage to see who did the best rework (and let the winner choose a source for a PRC as well):mrgreen:.

Have we figured out if another topic is being made or anything? I would definitely like some more feedback on mine before I rework it. I noticed some feedback during the voting round was somewhat mixed about the same thing. For example some people thought it was a little too busy near the end, and someone mentioned they enjoyed the part after 1:00. Would really like a bit more feedback before I figure out what I am going to do with it :) Just not sure how this is going to go down.

I've made the Workshop thread for the album: Here we go :) I feel like I'm too slow! Great to see the enthusiasm for this. Jorito, many thanks already! The feedback will be very useful.

Bundeslang, I'm definitely cool with the idea of a special PRC round with the reworked tracks. Sounds like something new and different which is what I like. Fun, too! How's everyone else with that idea?

Off to work on my track.. I also submitted the project to OCR approval for official status, figured it wouldn't hurt.