X - Tunnel Scene WIP

Back when I first heard this track in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I fell in love. This is probably one of the most difficult things I've ever tried to recreate without being able to find a MIDI version of it online. This is specifically because it has a lot of arpeggios. I'm still trying to figure this out with the second section of it. I actually plan on getting this done, unlike the other remixes I want to work on, but can't for the life of me create complextro. :cry: Anyway. Here's what is in store.

X - Tunnel Scene Remix

I'll most likely name it Tunnel Vision when it's complete.

A quick tip on writing complextro is to treat even a few seconds of remix seriously; if it's 6-second-chunks of goodness, then focus on creating an interesting pattern (not like "pattern blocks" in FL Studio, but a predictability of sorts) and vary it slightly every 6 seconds. For what I've done with complextro, the key is to create a pattern and tweak it to form a progression of patterns. You might find it helpful to study

(especially at 2:06). Edited by timaeus222

A quick tip on writing complextro is to treat even a few seconds of remix seriously; if it's 6-second-chunks of goodness, then focus on creating an interesting pattern (not like "pattern blocks" in FL Studio, but a predictability of sorts) and vary it slightly every 6 seconds. For what I've done with complextro, the key is to create a pattern and tweak it to form a progression of patterns. You might find it helpful to study
(especially at 2:06).

Sorry I haven't replied in a few days. I was out taking care of a family member. I was actually considering the pattern block thing. I usually start on one pattern and work with everything under there so I can make sure I'm staying on key and then separate them to their own pattern. My issue is trying to keep the original melody without butchering it to the point it's almost unrecognizable. That's most likely just a comfort zone thing, and it's something I really need to learn to break away from. As for this remix, I plan on going the trance route with it.