F-Zero - Mute City Overdrive RemiX (instrumental)

T3KYO

I'm looking for feedback for my Mute City remix.

I wanted to make the track sound really "heavy" and "dirty" if that makes sense.

Though it's Mute City, I got a Big Blue intro...hmm.

Link:

Link:

Anyway, if I can make improvements for the future vocal version, then feedback would be a big help.

Hey! I like how it sounds, It's a good remix of the original song, the idea is good. I don't seem to find any error on it, maybe the lack of one note in the "fast notes that goes up" (1:20 - 1:21 , looks like is missing one note there or is just my impression) but anyways it's very good :smile:

Hey, thanks, man.

I checked out that sequence of notes that you mentioned, and it does seem that way.

I'll look at it more thoroughly tonight...see what exactly I did there...I might have changed it intentionally, but I will look at it.

Thanks for the feedback -- I really, really, appreciate it.

Hey, thanks, man.

I checked out that sequence of notes that you mentioned, and it does seem that way.

I'll look at it more thoroughly tonight...see what exactly I did there...I might have changed it intentionally, but I will look at it.

Thanks for the feedback -- I really, really, appreciate it.

You're welcome, still it sound good. Hope to see more experienced remixers to give you better feedback.

I like the other melody that is layered with the original one. It creates a nice sound. I think you could do more with the bassline, though. It has a nice, gritty, sound, but it's just suspended notes. I like the 8th notes at the 0:12 mark. You should bring some 8th notes in at 1:48. Not sure if that makes any sense. I wish the kick and snare were a little more prominent. That alone could just be my preference. Aside from that, you've got the rock thing going and futuristic sounding things in the background.

Really appreciating the feedback.

I didn't want to do too much with the baseline, because there's so much going on, I didn't want the song to start getting "cluttered", but also, the remix is intended to have lyrics (we'll see how it turns). Because the planned lyrics, the baseline is meant to be simplistic so doesn't take away from all that's going on with a life of its own, especially when the lyrics are included in the vocal version.

I will totally check out the idea for the 1:48 mark, curious how it sounds now.

As far as the kick/snare, I'll mess with the new mix and see if I can give them more attention in the vocal version.

BIG THANKS for the feedback/ideas.