*Results* MnP 30: Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Dark King Theme

HoboKa

Hmm...well, I finally know how to properly sub in people's tracks now AND how to properly credit their name at ThaSauce, so just pm me whenever you wanna submit something for MnP - just try to give 24 hours notice or something.

I'm willing to bet that Bundeslang has a better idea than me as to why Rama is so reclusive/hard to reach these days =p - (or maybe Starla knows more). But yeah, for now, anyone who can't set up or access an account at ThaSauce can just contact me via PM and I will do my best to submit your track in asap.

Oh and submit your votes via PM and I will just post your vote within the compo thread and credit your 1st-place vote bonus if it applies (for this round it does :D)

Would you like to bet with me:mrgreen:

I don't have any idea, but it has happened before that Rama didn't react immediately. But it never happened that he wasn't online for a month, so maybe you can try it again in a week.

Would you like to bet with me:mrgreen:

I don't have any idea, but it has happened before that Rama didn't react immediately. But it never happened that he wasn't online for a month, so maybe you can try it again in a week.

Nah it's cool haha. I usually lose bets :P

Okay, I s'pose I can get onto ThaSauce mIRC or something.

Results

• supercoolmike got 1st place with 15 points
  • gercr got 2nd with 12 points
  • Dj Mokram got 3rd with 11 points
  • MindWanderer got 4th with 10 points

supercoolmike, please pick the source tune for round 31.

Comments:

Wow everyone got a fair amount of points this round and almost every voter had a different opinion on the placements. And now...I gotta fly off to work for a stupid night shift 2-10pm. So if there was any errors I won't be able to address them until late tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for participating everyone!!

EDIT

Dj Mokram's vote:

First time partaking in the Meat'n'Potatoes compo (great name btw). It was fun and surprisingly challenging (never done a cover before). Let's do this again sometime! ;)

supercoolmike: You've made good use of the samples you had available in this resolutely traditional orchestration. The addition of xylophone is especially nice, since it's so rare to see someone use it these days, let alone wisely. Also appreciate the little OP/ED tempo variations, which give this piece more personality.

MindWanderer: A straightforward rendition of the theme that oozes energy via its quirky, chiptuney sound-design. High frequencies are a bit too shrill/piercing at times, but otherwise it's an enjoyable cover that rightfully convey the nostalgic nature of this awesome source.

gercr: This had potential, both in terms of design and interpretation. But there's something off about the mixing. It's like a chunk of the spectrum is being carved off, and it's a tad distracting. But aside from that, you've created a solid cover with great sound choices and strong direction.

evktalo: Bonus mix or not, that's a really groovy rendition of the source. DAT SYNTH BASS! Luv the well-rounded presence in the mid-lows, with the scarce but delightful backing synth in the first half of the mix. Now the question is: will you develop it into a full remix? I sure hope so. ;)

DjMokram: Who let this noob enter the compo? Seriously, I lost 2 minutes of my life listening to his crappy remix. That's not even a proper cover btw. No studio-chops at all in this one. Last place plastic spoon for you Dj Mushroom!

Edited by HoboKa