Fraggle Rock Movie Coming Soon!

Pipez

Sounds like the the Nostalgia Fields are ready for harvesting. Will it be good? Doesn't matter, kids will watch for colors and movement, older audiences will watch to remind themselves at some point in time they weren't bitter husks of human beings, relocated to walking dollar signs just waiting to be turned into box-office gross receipts, only to be left feeling that somehow at sometime those weren't muppets, they were real creatures speaking directly to you, all culminating with the bitter realization, that no amount of "Dance your cares away" will dissuade the bill collectors and unjust responsibilities foisted upon us, demanding a cruel exchange of monopoly money for real money and cooties for HPV, leaving us with a small morsel of cynical irony in a place, where the monster that lived under our beds once lurked...

Sounds like the the Nostalgia Fields are ready for harvesting. Will it be good? Doesn't matter, kids will watch for colors and movement, older audiences will watch to remind themselves at some point in time they weren't bitter husks of human beings, relocated to walking dollar signs just waiting to be turned into box-office gross receipts, only to be left feeling that somehow at sometime those weren't muppets, they were real creatures speaking directly to you, all culminating with the bitter realization, that no amount of "Dance your cares away" will dissuade the bill collectors and unjust responsibilities foisted upon us, demanding a cruel exchange of monopoly money for real money and cooties for HPV, leaving us with a small morsel of cynical irony in a place, where the monster that lived under our beds once lurked...

Is it me, or do I find that every generation Y movie buff is always giving facepalms to nostalgic remakes and fretting that producers are going to ruin a movie just to make money off of 20 - 40ish crowds? That being questioned, I try my best to be unbiased and then form my own opinions after watching a trailer.

On the topic of Fraggle Rock being a movie, I actually do feel like this may become either a musical that may become as annoying as "Let It Go" on Frozen or "Everything is Awesome" in the Lego Movie, or it just may turn out to be a movie created with an old formula that will be outdated kind of like the 2012 remake of the Three Stooges.

Yeah, I guess I failed at trying to be unbiased but that's what happens typically in a forum right?

Is it me, or do I find that every generation Y movie buff is always giving facepalms to nostalgic remakes and fretting that producers are going to ruin a movie just to make money off of 20 - 40ish crowds? That being questioned, I try my best to be unbiased and then form my own opinions after watching a trailer.

On the topic of Fraggle Rock being a movie, I actually do feel like this may become either a musical that may become as annoying as "Let It Go" on Frozen or "Everything is Awesome" in the Lego Movie, or it just may turn out to be a movie created with an old formula that will be outdated kind of like the 2012 remake of the Three Stooges.

Yeah, I guess I failed at trying to be unbiased but that's what happens typically in a forum right?

Well TBH, I tried a writing experience with my original post, whatcha think? With that being said, a Jim Henson production, with out Jim Henson is a terrible idea. With movies, in order to determine whether or not it's good you must first pony up the cost of a ticket, with is how general studios determine if something is "good" (maybe profitable is a better word). As it stands, since JH passed away, most of what has been done has not been good, save for the last 2 movies, but in reality they took what worked with the original movie a star studded cast on a cross country trip, and translated the cultural icons from the late 70's to the 2000's. Think about it..if they put Dom DeLuise ( as side from the fact he is dead) in the new one, kids and probably most adults would say..."who?"

Frozen was a child of Pixar the "The Jim Henson Company" for people born in the 90's and the Lego movie was a fresh idea not a tired reboot or 80's-o-rama with explosions. I hope Fraggle Rock is good, but I'm banking that it will have no teeth and will use "hey everyone remember these guy?!" as a crutch, limping along. Will it turn a profit ? Probably. Is it something worthy of the title a Jim Henson production, no. Jim Henson was great because he took HIS vision and made it real...I love Jim Henson...I just don't like what is being done to his legacy, build a new legacy, find the next Jim Henson.

This could be good as long as they stick with the original concept. If they take the Fraggles as a whole out of Fraggle Rock, then it'll be absolutely terrible. That's what I'm most worried about. They should have minimal interaction with any human characters. I'm quite a bit fan of Fraggle Rock myself since I watched it during the original run when I was kid. I now own all of the DVDs.

I'm hearing what all of you have to say, especially The Coop. It's a great idea that'll warm the hearts of age ranges from my wife (28~) and I (25) to our daughter (1y 7mo). Younger groups will appreciate the childhood glamour of it; again, older folks will be taken back. The basis of the show: musical Muppets with awesome music. Really, the shit was and is still awesome. As long as they stay true to its roots, and I'm talking about the show's true nature, it'll be fine. I mean for real, not just some surreal nostalgia.

Edited by Salluz