OCR01655 - Final Fantasy VII "Omnislash"

djpretzel

"Ooh look at me, my name's FISHUH, I write crazy rawk anthems for really old games Anso had and bought cheap instore. Honestly..."

So heavy! This is a solid performance by Fishy.

High energy, clean mix and superb guitar playing. The drums are a tad over compressed and the bassdrum is a bit too machine-gun to sound real. Still, this is solid production. I'm surprised that there's more synth solo than guitar solo but I kinda like that, it fits FFVII a lot more. The guitar soloing that's there is great, the whammy action is truly amazing :D

Great remix Cain!

The drums are a tad over compressed and the bassdrum is a bit too machine-gun to sound real.

You should have heard the drums before the remaster.

Dream Theater called. They want their typical style back. Seriously' date=' they won't stop bugging me.[/quote']

Vai called, he wants his 8 bars back. You can't fool me.

The people who've heard this always say the synths and the guitar rawk, and the drums lesser so. I always thought it was the other way around :S. But yeah, thanks for comments :3.

• 4 weeks later...

Great playing and some nice additional flourishes, the whammy tricks are awesome. The mix starts out kind of vanilla, but evolves very naturally into some more interpretive sections. The guitar at 2:53 was well built-into, and I am digging the fuzzy tone you have going throughout. I think the kick needs a stronger beater attack to get more of a click in there, but as long as the speakers are big enough, it sounds good. :-)

GG dude

Another of my favourites from the Voices of the Lifestream album. I'm not familiar with any remixer names or particular styles around here yet, so I can't go all personal and say "typical Fishy remix, keeps with his consistent style" yadda-yadda.

But I will say that it captures the high-pace of the frantic action well from where the original was used in the game (timed sequences, a few boss battles, and the Battle Arena, if I'm not mistaken) and the style of this particular track suited it rather well, if I must say so myself.

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This track's a great starting point for Fishy, but you can really tell how much his style has evolved and matured since he started. This one almost feels a little generic compared to his newer stuff.

Of course, that doesn't mean it's not totally rockin' :-D The piano/strings section, and the way the guitar transitions back in after that's done is executed pretty well, so props on that especially!

• 5 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01655 - Final Fantasy VII "Omnislash"