OCR01026 - *YES* Terminator 2 'CSM-101 Level One'

djpretzel

Note: this DOES use a movie theme, but also seems to mix in bits that are from the game only. -djp

Greetings, guys. My name is Kevin Sisk. The mp3 you will find at the following address is my 1st submission to Overclocked Remix. It is a remix of the first level in Terminator 2: Judgement Day for the NES. It is 5.2 megs and encoded VBR for best quality possible. I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did.

All the tags have been filled accordingly, along with some notes on what I did to recorded it, and hopefully it won't take too long to download.

As far as credit goes, Just put down Kevin "Lorenzo" Sisk as the remixer name, should the mp3 be approved and placed on the site. Thank you for taking the time to consider my remix, and hopefully you'll be hearing more from me...

Kevin

Ehhhhhh I dunno, I'm kinda digging the low-fi drums.. I'd be digging them

a whole hell of a lot more if that bass hit were higher quality and the

other instruments were also. Damn I'm torn on this one, because it

really is a spiffy little track, but those instruments just need some help.

Now whats this second little section here? more kinda neat stuff that needs

better instrument loving.

This has me split four ways to tuesday..

damnit... what the hell.

YES.

• 3 weeks later...

After reading some of these comments, I was expecting this mix to have the sound quality of a hemophiliac undergoing colonoscopy. Seriously, I see very little wrong with the mixing job here. As for the low-fi NES nature of the drums:

To give a feeling of nostalgia, I decided to use drum samples from the original recording…

Usually I'm not too impressed by direct in-game sampling, but I'm of the opinion that the original NES drums are VERY tastefully used and harmonically balance well with the deep bassline and wafting leads. With an imaginative interpretation and thoughtful development, there is obvious talent behind this that should not go unnoticed simply because of a lack of gigasamples and whatnot.

YES