Old 05-26-2004, 01:19 PM
Joshu Skowronek
Link (+1900)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via ICQ to Nase
70 kb/s, shweeeet

all those classics in one afternoon...so cool.
Sponsored Links

Please join us the next two weeks supporting our sponsor, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call™!!
Old 05-27-2004, 04:10 AM
Goomba (+100)

Just thought I'd mention, that I'm glad you guys did the BitTorrent thing. I've never been a big fan of it, but I was wondering how I could help out here at OCRemix.org.

I'm currently downloading both torrents on my cable connection here at home. I'll try to keep my comp on as much as possible. I may turn it off at night, to give it a rest, and so I can sleep (loud fan).

I'm also going to be restricting my upload a bit... haven't chosen an actual number yet. Probably won't be more than 20kbps.

Thanks for giving some of us out here a way to help out.

EDIT: Well, I may not be able to seed after all. It seems that whenever I have BitTornado open (I had the first 500 done) that it was still using a whole lot of download bandwidth. Even if I'm just seeding. *shrug* I'm not sure if it's a setting or what.

Old 05-28-2004, 12:28 AM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

I am currently seeding. I have all 1000 completed. My upload isn't huge, around 24KBps, but I guess every bit counts, especially from 100% seeders.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:47 AM
Goomba (+100)

I finally completed all 1000. I'm going to try seeding for a while, but when I tried to seed the first 500, it seemed like the torrent was still destroying my bandwidth.

Eventually my web browsing slowed to a crawl, and the rest of my family on our 3MBit cable connection was feeling the burn. So bad that it was worse than our dial up.

Has no one else had this problem?

EDIT: Internet slowed to a crawl within minutes. If anyone has an idea what could be wrong (a setting or something?) let me know, I really would like to help by seeding these.

Old 05-28-2004, 04:39 AM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Send a message via AIM to Clockwork Dolphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wielder of Crystalis
Eventually my web browsing slowed to a crawl, and the rest of my family on our 3MBit cable connection was feeling the burn. So bad that it was worse than our dial up.
Most bittorrent programs have a upload rate and simultaneous connection limit which you can set. On the default Mac OS X client, just press the button in the top right corner of the window to bring the toolbar down.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:00 AM
Goomba (+100)

Enclosed (bottom of post) is an image of my BitTornado client running. I'm using the WinXP version.

The upload limit setting shown is Cable/DSL Fast, but even on Cable/DSL Slow, or Dial-Up my internet connection dies. I've checked the Network Performance in my Task Manager, and it just shows an upload, and no download.

But if that's the case, why is my internet slowing to a crawl?

Also, if you'll notice, I show my internet connection activity in the taskbar. Both lights there are solid, and stay that way until I close the torrent.

I mean, I seem to recall running Kazaa with a similar (or higher) upload limit, and I could surf the web, watch streaming video etc.... But I think BitTorrent just hates me.

EDIT: Well, if what I read here (http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/37.html) holds true, it seems it's a cable modem (or other hardware) problem? Finally find some way I can help, and I'm not compatible. Ah well... sorry guys.

Old 05-28-2004, 07:41 AM
Goomba (+100)

I want so bad to download these.....except our computer's decided to screw itself over and make two copies of EVERY file on it, jumping the amount of space taken up on the hardrive to near 90%. ####. Maybe in the next few months, when my parents are (supposedly) getting me a new computer, I'll start downloading these.

Even then, my ability to seed for you is nonexistant - way out here in the backwaters of Texas, DSL, Broadband, and all those other goodies aren't available, so I'm stuck with 56k for the next two years.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:14 PM

I do not know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but is it possible to do another torrent? One that contains mixes 1001-current? Maybe it could be updated once a week or month or something.

I love the site and the music, I just want to help save the bandwidth cost.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:22 PM
Chris Robinson
Bonus-Kun (+3000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb
I do not know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but is it possible to do another torrent? One that contains mixes 1001-current? Maybe it could be updated once a week or month or something.

I love the site and the music, I just want to help save the bandwidth cost.
That's likely coming in a 1001-1250 or 1001-1500 torrent when OCR reaches that level.

I'm broadbanded tomorrow (as it were) so as soon as I've downloaded the torrents I should be able to seed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante
the bass is really ugly, and the drums aint exactly aria giovanni either.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Kraid (+1200)

Location: The only place in the world without a climate. VIrginia Beach
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Aquagenesis Send a message via MSN to DJ_Aquagenesis Send a message via Yahoo to DJ_Aquagenesis
ill seed as soon as i get home. as long it doesnt slow me down with this late project i have due. ....like im gunna do it anyway

Mad Engine Revvs to Jared Hudson for the Sig.