Old 01-01-2004, 12:38 AM
Andrew Harrell
Sheng Long (+10000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse
Here's what I was thinking: Since the bit torrent client is smart enough to know what files have already been downloaded and what files still need to be downloaded, it wouldn't be too hard to updated the .torrent file say, the first day of every month, with the new songs tacked onto the old directories. That way, everybody could get that month's new remixes while continuing to seed the old ones as well. The only major problem would be to coordinate the switchover every month, but it would probably just be a matter of getting the core seeders to switch over the majority of the bandwidth so that there would be no incentive to use the old torrent files.

Also, I think it should be noted that everybody should be seeding, no matter what their bandwidth. My DSL slows to a crawl if I try to do anything, but I can spare 5kB/sec. It isn't much, but it is a megabyte in under 4 minutes, and if everybody did just 5kB/sec, the available speed would be astronomical.
djp would only set up a torrent like that after a lockdown, due to remixes that could possibly be deleted due to rule infringment. You would be surprised as to how many mp3s have been pulled from the site, some months after posting, some hours. Like Aubrey said, after 500 maybe another lockdown and torrent then.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Bad Dude (+500)

I lost 75 of my files with the torrent. So my question is: what happens if a file has the same name but not the same size? Will it be overwritten? that would explain it.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:16 PM
Red Mage (+400)

Send a message via AIM to Oddity
Which 75 files did you lose? Did you lose them when everything was done downloading? If so, it's because there aren't actually 1000 mixes when everything is done downloading. Just trying to get more specifics. If you stopped the download and had tons of unfinished songs, and then redownloaded, it would find the same file names and continue to build on their kilobyte count. I could only see someone accidently getting duplicates, rather than missing files.
Play Beatmania IIDX
Old 01-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Bad Dude (+500)

Well, i have almost every ocremix. Then i tried the bittorent and alot of files turned into 0kb files. Apparently it tries to redownload more than half of the total remixes.
I can hardly believe that more than half of my files is not the same as the ones in the torrent and have to be redownloaded.
Old 01-02-2004, 06:30 PM
Sheng Long (+10000)

Send a message via AIM to Corporal Eschebone Send a message via MSN to Corporal Eschebone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark7
I can hardly believe that more than half of my files is not the same as the ones in the torrent and have to be redownloaded.
You may have outdated tags.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:22 PM
Bad Dude (+500)

they've all been updated? That explains it...
Old 01-04-2004, 09:59 AM

Is there another BitTorrent client for Mac OS X other than the official one? It can't support the 500+ open files at one time, but I couldn't find another client on versiontracker.com.

Of course, if the files were re-seeded zipped into one (smaller) file, that would be nice too...
Old 01-05-2004, 07:25 AM

whenever i use bt i get one of the songs from altered beast mixed switched with robochocobo voice mix i mean it has alltered beast as its name but it is robochocobo voice
Old 01-06-2004, 02:27 AM
Aubrey Lewman
Goomba (+100)

Send a message via ICQ to aubrey
Bachus: I've used the official BitTorrent client for OSX and found that it could support downloading torrents with about 960 files just fine. As far as I was aware, only the official windows version (and those based closely on it) that had issues with torrents with > 500ish files...

Are you just wanting a better client? Or are you having issues downloading the ocremix torrents to your Mac?

cyber148: your client is downloading bits and pieces from all the songs randomly. Your client will automagically reassemble the MP3 pieces in the proper order once it is done downloading all the data via bit torrent. Just have some patience, and everything will work out.

Aubrey
Old 01-07-2004, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubrey
Bachus: I've used the official BitTorrent client for OSX and found that it could support downloading torrents with about 960 files just fine. As far as I was aware, only the official windows version (and those based closely on it) that had issues with torrents with > 500ish files...

Are you just wanting a better client? Or are you having issues downloading the ocremix torrents to your Mac?

cyber148: your client is downloading bits and pieces from all the songs randomly. Your client will automagically reassemble the MP3 pieces in the proper order once it is done downloading all the data via bit torrent. Just have some patience, and everything will work out.

Aubrey

thank you for your time