Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Ramaniscence's Avatar
Ramaniscence Ramaniscence is offline
Doug Arley
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Winter Park / Cooper City, Fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkeSword View Post
I thought we agreed to never discuss that.
Poor Binnie
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
  #32  
Old 09-20-2008, 10:48 PM
Synchronicity's Avatar
Synchronicity Synchronicity is offline
Dan Hibiki (+50)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
nom nom

Ol' Martin looks like he put on a couple pounds... or is it just me
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-21-2008, 05:18 AM
TheSnowStorm's Avatar
TheSnowStorm TheSnowStorm is offline
Ben Snow, Banned
Abobo (+600)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: St. Louis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchronicity View Post
Ol' Martin looks like he put on a couple pounds... or is it just me
He appears that he had done so.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Murmeli Walan's Avatar
Murmeli Walan Murmeli Walan is offline
Alan Bish, Around the World Co-Director
Sheng Long (+10000)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Punxsutawney, PA
So that's why djp's so musically prolific...

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Kadosho's Avatar
Kadosho Kadosho is offline
Robert Turner
Eggplant Wizard (+300)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Marana, AZ USA
That was a humbling surprise, given Martin's history (and quite a bit of fun interviews). Plus getting a reprise of how OCR's involvement as an indie project, and within the industry. Who knows, maybe even more talents may get positive recognition. ^_^
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-23-2008, 06:10 AM
Sole Signal's Avatar
Sole Signal Sole Signal is offline
formerly Audix
Little Mac (+900)
OC ReMix Artist Profile
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indiana
Cool interview. Fairly intelligent questions too by the interviewer, covered most of the bases. Well spoken, djp.

...I pronounce Chrono Trigger as rhyming with "Oh no!" though.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Harmony's Avatar
Harmony Harmony is offline
Brandon Bush
Luigi (+2000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: College Park, Maryland
Nice interview djp

Even though I don't get to hang around nearly as much as I'd like to, seeing stuff like this that highlights how awesome and renowned OCR is becoming makes me incredibly happy to have been in any small way a part of that. Man, I love this place.
__________________

Artwork by a fan (whose name unfortunately escapes me) of "Dragon Song". Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-24-2008, 06:55 PM
djpretzel's Avatar
djpretzel djpretzel is offline
David W. Lloyd, Administrator
Ganon (+8000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Fairfax, Virginia, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audix View Post
Cool interview. Fairly intelligent questions too by the interviewer, covered most of the bases. Well spoken, djp.

...I pronounce Chrono Trigger as rhyming with "Oh no!" though.
So does everyone else, apparently... that's just never made any sense to me, because I say "chronological" with an "ahn" not an "ohhn" sound... I think it's yet another instance (see Evangelion, Pokemon) of the Japanese taking an English word, using it in a proper noun with a somewhat inaccurate pronounciation due to the way the Japanese language works, and then the English speaking world insisting on mispronouncing it the same way... which has never made much sense to me...
__________________

djpretzel / www.ocremix.org / www.djpretzel.com / anime mixes
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-24-2008, 07:03 PM
atmuh's Avatar
atmuh atmuh is offline
Banned
Joe Musashi (+7000)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I wish I wish I was a fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpretzel View Post
So does everyone else, apparently... that's just never made any sense to me, because I say "chronological" with an "ahn" not an "ohhn" sound... I think it's yet another instance (see Evangelion, Pokemon) of the Japanese taking an English word, using it in a proper noun with a somewhat inaccurate pronounciation due to the way the Japanese language works, and then the English speaking world insisting on mispronouncing it the same way... which has never made much sense to me...
i think i pronounce it that way because of the way some guy named chronos on an old cartoon (i forget which one) screamed I AM CHRONOS, MASTER OF ALL TIME
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-25-2008, 12:04 AM
SoloGamer's Avatar
SoloGamer SoloGamer is offline
Sheng Long (+10000)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Parts Unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmuh View Post
i think i pronounce it that way because of the way some guy named chronos on an old cartoon (i forget which one) screamed I AM CHRONOS, MASTER OF ALL TIME
Johnny Bravo
I remember that episode
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.