ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on patreon

Sponsors: Bart Verbeek, Cynical Brit, Matt (aka Antidragon), Michael Beauchamp, Wesley "Bahamut" Cho.. + hundreds of supporters! Thanks!!

Old 01-01-2009, 05:08 AM
Alex Kidd (+1850)

Send a message via AIM to HalcyonSpirit
Happy New Year 2009! The January Freeform competition has begun. I'm hoping to see quite a few submissions this time around. I'll hopefully be participating in this one as well! Good luck everyone, and happy writing!
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Yousef Reda
Akuma (+1100)

Send a message via Yahoo to SoulinEther
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalcyonSpirit View Post
Happy New Year 2009! The January Freeform competition has begun. I'm hoping to see quite a few submissions this time around. I'll hopefully be participating in this one as well! Good luck everyone, and happy writing!
OMG YES

and happy new year everyone.

Follow me on Youtube - I mean, there can't be that many talentless, lazy-eyed video bloggers out there.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Yousef Reda
Akuma (+1100)

Bumping to say I am now advertising for this competition in my signature.

I'll probably add a simple link at some point too. for those who can't stand to watch an animated gif.

Follow me on Youtube - I mean, there can't be that many talentless, lazy-eyed video bloggers out there.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:19 AM
Alex Kidd (+1850)

That's... sorta disturbing...

I like it! But did you need to use the font that you did? Was that intentional? It might just be me, but the larger the type gets, the harder it is for me to read it.

In other news, I was actually contemplating putting together some sigs for the competition, so this is a good start.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:21 AM
Yousef Reda
Akuma (+1100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalcyonSpirit View Post
That's... sorta disturbing...

I like it! But did you need to use the font that you did? Was that intentional? It might just be me, but the larger the type gets, the harder it is for me to read it.

In other news, I was actually contemplating putting together some sigs for the competition, so this is a good start.
Yeah, I used it intentionally so there would only be black and white, which keeps the file size low (~8KB lol) Plus... I don't know, it just ... meh. Strikes me as somewhat vintage.

It can be changed, of course.

And I have started on my submission for this round. It will be another poem, except it'll have multiple parts... sorta.

Last edited by SoulinEther; 01-10-2009 at 08:14 AM. Reason: got the file size wrong lol
Old 01-10-2009, 01:47 AM
Banned
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

The Solo

Quote:
Cold steel. Thats what got Murphy, in the end. Multiple stab wounds to the face, ribs, stomach, brought about in a cold desert in cold blood by a bunch of disillusioned little men. It could have been a bullet that took him out...but he was just too damn good of a man to die a humane death.

Cold steel... is what I now hold at my lips. A circular, metal mouthpiece, designed to channel vibrations...

...vibrations were how it started. I wish I could blame them instead of myself. Myself... god, if I had posessed the slightest bit of foresight, this would never have happened. The tanks at the fore of the convoy would never have been bombed, later to be beset upon by the enemy...

I breathe...

...I don't deserve it. Murphy, now theres a man who deserves it. Murphy didn't hesitate when thos damned rpg's came tearing after us. Murphy didn't play dead when every last of his comrades were ripped apart by the onslaught of lead that followed. He fought til his gun clicked dry then fought some more, till the AK swung like a baseball bat caught him in the jaw, while I watched through half closed eyes, waiting for my chance to scramble like a dirty peice of shit to the nearest vehicle...

My throat is on fire. How can they expect me to do this? How can those fuckers expect me to play taps at the funeral that should have been my own?!? I was the ranking officer, his life was my responsibility, and I was a coward!!!

The time comes for me to play, the torrent of tears running down my face driving on unchecked, and I know that I cannot produce even a single tone. No matter, because the brass instrument is already flying past the flagpole, my breath being used instead to scream louder than I had ever before...

The time comes for me to play, the torrent of tears running down my face driving on unchecked, and I know just how to apologise to Murphy, as he had apologised to me and our team on the video sent to CNN.

I play, and the tone pierces even my own heart. An eternity and a half later, I finish.

Murphy...I'm sorry.
So I saw a link to this in someones sig and decided to give it a try... hopefully more people will enter?

Last edited by Rophell; 01-11-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:46 AM
JH for short
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Well, I'm working on a sequel to a previous entry I submitted. It should still work as a standalone piece, though.

Find me on Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Vimeo - Google+
support me on Patreon
Old 01-10-2009, 03:05 AM
Banned
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

64 helpings of what?
Old 01-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Yousef Reda
Akuma (+1100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by just64helpin View Post
Well, I'm working on a sequel to a previous entry I submitted. It should still work as a standalone piece, though.
Halcyon, you took a class taught by Nikki Giovanni? Nice!

Hm, a sequel. I haven't been around here all that long, but is that a first? Sounds exciting still.

And my poem hasn't come along much beyond my mind and what's on my blackberry lol.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Alex Kidd (+1850)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulinEther View Post
Halcyon, you took a class taught by Nikki Giovanni? Nice!
Actually, I was planning on taking that class. Unfortunately, she being Nikki Giovanni, the class filled up really quickly. Not even my Senior status ensured a seat for me. I didn't get in. Oh well...