OCR01784 - Street Fighter II "Clamato Fever"

djpretzel

This is an excellent song all the way through. It really rocks and when the game boots up and you hear this it definitely gets you ready to play.

The only thing I don't understand is why this is posted as an OC ReMix. I've been coming here for a really long time (just finally registered because I wanted to make this post) and as I recal things that were too close to the originals were removed a while back, and such things aren't accepted. The production quality on this song is top notch, but it's really a cover, so why is this allowed? That kinda goes for all the HD Remix songs that were posted.

This is an excellent song all the way through. It really rocks and when the game boots up and you hear this it definitely gets you ready to play.

The only thing I don't understand is why this is posted as an OC ReMix. I've been coming here for a really long time (just finally registered because I wanted to make this post) and as I recal things that were too close to the originals were removed a while back, and such things aren't accepted. The production quality on this song is top notch, but it's really a cover, so why is this allowed? That kinda goes for all the HD Remix songs that were posted.

A cover? That wanky solo at 1:20 begs to differ!

Great song. It's nice how it keeps close to the original.

From a technical standpoint the song is too loud! Why!? The waveforms go way beyond the peaks all throughout the song which causes it to muffle. I've seen this so many times in music it makes me puke. Also it's too short. Otherwise great.

Edit: Turns out all of AE's remixes are too loud. Unfortunately he doesn't know a thing about sound quality. The guy likes to make his songs muffled. I wonder if he even listens to his own tracks.

Aside from the bitrate difference, is it just me or do the 2 different Clamato Fever remixes(1 in the new album, 1 in the oc library) sound the same? If not what am I missing? If so why the redundant posting?

Because I have to repeat myself...

Some fans only download singles mixes, some grab entire albums. We post individual mixes created for our albums all the time. Nothing precludes an arrangement from an album being posted to the site just because it was on an album. Otherwise, no tracks from our other 11 albums would be posted as individual mixes. Albums aren't required to meet individual OC ReMix standards for interpretation or production, so being posted as a solo mix is another matter entirely.

Ok, I like the arrangement, sounds awesome, killer solo as well :D

The production on this sounds seriously overdone though O_O

The bass kick at the intro sounds over-compressed and as soon as the drums kick in, it ruins the mix for me.

The drums sound VERY distorted to the point that it sounds like there is consistent noise distortion in the background.

I have heard music in the past where this is done intentionally, but it never sounds good to my ears personally.

That said, everything else sounds great.

I like the arrangement but the over compression and distortion on the drums really puts me off this one :(

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of the heavy rock/electric guitar stuff, but I can actually appreciate a piece like this (and not get a headache from it). It's nice to be able to listen to electric guitar work that focuses more on style than on trying to be as loud and heavy as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

The whole loudness war arguments have their place but some tracks are meant to be LOUD, and this is one of this. There's nothing deep about this, if you're looking for something kick ass and loud then you found the right place. Loudness =/= bad, in fact it works quite nicely when accounting for a lack of depth.

That said, this mix is beyond kick ass, where the hell did AE come from?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

AE review:

Once again, AE brings the sexiness back. His time away from OCR proved a valuable time as he has great increased in his skill. Collabing has given AE a chance to work in another area as this track isn't nearly as classic synth heavy as it is guitar driven. The arrangement is very straight forward which is really different for AE, but it works well. The Pendulum style fits nicely here. My biggest qualm lies in the fact that the song feels and sounds like it's overdriving/clipping most of the way through. Toning down the hi freqs would have taken some of the edge off, but it's still pretty bad ass as is.

• 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01784 - Street Fighter II "Clamato Fever"