Old 07-27-2011, 05:52 AM
Kevin Kruse
Luigi (+2000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIPP Damage View Post
I'm glad this game is shaping up to be much better. I was looking forward to it forever and then everybody said it was the worst game ever. I was kind of heart-broken. I'm probably going to get it when it comes to PS3. I hope the fans all come back to it and everybody loves Square-Enix again. Hahaha.
Im going to give it another shot when it lands for the PS3

A man lasts a generation. However his name lasts forever
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:21 PM
David M. Hubbard, OverClocked After Dark Co-Host
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

This game has a shitty targeting system.

Why would I ever attack myself?

Also it is pretty. Like Vegas Professional Hooker Pretty.

"I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not so bad. There's no one else I'd rather be."
Old 07-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Zach
Luigi (+2000)

Brush, if it's anything like XI you'd want to target yourself for buffs, heals, and items.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modus View Post
Brush, if it's anything like XI you'd want to target yourself for buffs, heals, and items.
Nah, real men have no need of such things if they are already Ballin'.

"I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not so bad. There's no one else I'd rather be."
Old 07-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Nick
Link (+1900)

Amazon's date for the ps3 version still says 2-28-2011. They have a $10 credit with preorder. Is it still coming out for ps3 even? I'm looking forward to eventually playing it, I was a big fan of XI back in the day. Maybe I'll be out of school by the time it finally does come out, ha!

Xbox Gamertag: tragick
PSN: tragick
3DS FC: 3050-7587-3777
Old 07-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I am pretty sure it is still coming out for the PS3. Just not until its fixed.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Octorok (+200)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma View Post
Amazon's date for the ps3 version still says 2-28-2011. They have a $10 credit with preorder. Is it still coming out for ps3 even? I'm looking forward to eventually playing it, I was a big fan of XI back in the day. Maybe I'll be out of school by the time it finally does come out, ha!
According to the new Producer, Yoshi P, it'll come... when it's ready. So maybe.

The new patch and some of the stuff coming down the pipeline is slowly turning this game into XI-2. lol.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:19 AM
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Now while I have no room to comment on how the game was when it launched, I am really digging this game. That is saying a lot since I haven't liked a main series FF since 9. They fixed so many of the problems I had with 11. There is now a mini map. Quest actually mean something. Grinding is a viable and doable option. The only thing that irks me is the auction house and targeting at times.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Olivier Bariou, Competitions Moderator
Dark Force (+9000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushfire View Post
Now while I have no room to comment on how the game was when it launched, I am really digging this game. That is saying a lot since I haven't liked a main series FF since 9. They fixed so many of the problems I had with 11. There is now a mini map. Quest actually mean something. Grinding is a viable and doable option. The only thing that irks me is the auction house and targeting at times.

for targeting switch to type 2 or 3 in the options. instead of having a 'select all' you will have a select 'friends' 'group' and 'foe' and quickly switch from those. Also bind the target attacking mob to a proper key it helps.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Joe Griffith
Octorok (+200)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I'm curious, is Archer auto-attack still melee? @.@

I actually kinda liked the original no-auto-attack model since it meant ranged jobs were able to regularly use ranged attacks rather than meleeing with the occasional shot. It also meant that melee jobs couldn't just afk half the time while mages have to keep a constant eye on everything in parties :P

To me, it makes very little sense that they introduced Archer auto-attack as melee, especially given the fact that they made such a point out of effective ranges and the "sweet spot" for Archer. Now I assume all parties will expect them to be within melee range at all time for maximum DPS D: (unless they've fixed it and given Archer a ranged auto-attack)

Buy my latest album: Point L4