analoq retires

I never had an interest in performing, film/game scoring, selling albums or whatever most pursuits here are. My journey in music has been one of understanding and experimentation. I stand at the intersection of music and technology and observe all I can and when I have the opportunity I share what I’ve learned.

For the last seven years this forum has been a primary opportunity for me to assist others on their journeys. Now I’d like to announce I will no longer attend to this forum. Who cares, right? Right, so let me enumerate some reasons why I won’t be missed:

1. I read the first post to make sure I understand the needs of the OP.
  2. I read the replies to ensure I’m not repeating what’s already been said.
  3. If I can’t speak with sufficient knowledge on a subject I shut the fuck up.
    Just because I’ve invested the time to read and understand the thread does NOT entitle me to post in it.
  4. If I’m not sure about a claim or fact in my post then I look it up.
  5. When I am wrong, I own up to it.
  6. When someone else is wrong, I call them on it.
  7. If someone asks a stupid question or gives poor advice, I berate and ridicule them to negatively reinforce their behaviour.
  8. I don’t overwhelm people. I keep my posts short but I'm always ready with more info to give when needed.
  9. I don’t over generalise (or write guides). People come to a forum for advice tailored to their specific needs and that’s precisely the most helpful advice I can offer.
  10. Despite whatever credentials or experience I claim to have or how much effort I put into crafting advice, I accept that no one has to listen to me.

Whether that’s all genuine introspection or a veiled plea to those who try to help is an exercise to the reader. But in the end I am content to let the blind lead the blind for whatever void my absence creates.

On a lighter note, I give my sincere thanks to all of you who have been willing to listen and all of you who have had good information to impart. And if you have an interest in the cutting edge of music tech or music hackery, Peter Kirn of CreateDigitalMusic is developing a new site, Noisepages, which you're welcome to come chat/blog on along with me.

cheers.

do you mean to say you retire from the OCR message boards? or simply this forum?

The remixing/workshop forum specifically, but that happened to be the only part of the board I was in the habit of following. So, I don't really know what my participation will be henceforth.

Is there a reason for this? You sound angry.

Not angry, just curmodgeonly.

ive been breaking all your rules :(

Tu was du willst, you are exempt.

Thank you all for the appreciative words, I have the utmost respect for you guys.

For some reason this is what I thought of:

Johnny Ringo: And you must be Doc Holliday.

Doc Holliday: That's the rumor.

Johnny Ringo: You retired too?

Doc Holliday: Not me. I'm in my prime.

Johnny Ringo: Yeah, you look it.

Which leads me to believe...

analoq will be back when it's time to bring down the thunder, and hell will be coming with him?

I never had an interest in performing, film/game scoring, selling albums or whatever most pursuits here are. My journey in music has been one of understanding and experimentation. I stand at the intersection of music and technology and observe all I can and when I have the opportunity I share what I’ve learned.

For the last seven years this forum has been a primary opportunity for me to assist others on their journeys. Now I’d like to announce I will no longer attend to this forum. Who cares, right? Right, so let me enumerate some reasons why I won’t be missed:

1. I read the first post to make sure I understand the needs of the OP.
  2. I read the replies to ensure I’m not repeating what’s already been said.
  3. If I can’t speak with sufficient knowledge on a subject I shut the fuck up.
    Just because I’ve invested the time to read and understand the thread does NOT entitle me to post in it.
  4. If I’m not sure about a claim or fact in my post then I look it up.
  5. When I am wrong, I own up to it.
  6. When someone else is wrong, I call them on it.
  7. If someone asks a stupid question or gives poor advice, I berate and ridicule them to negatively reinforce their behaviour.
  8. I don’t overwhelm people. I keep my posts short but I'm always ready with more info to give when needed.
  9. I don’t over generalise (or write guides). People come to a forum for advice tailored to their specific needs and that’s precisely the most helpful advice I can offer.
  10. Despite whatever credentials or experience I claim to have or how much effort I put into crafting advice, I accept that no one has to listen to me.

Whether that’s all genuine introspection or a veiled plea to those who try to help is an exercise to the reader. But in the end I am content to let the blind lead the blind for whatever void my absence creates.

On a lighter note, I give my sincere thanks to all of you who have been willing to listen and all of you who have had good information to impart. And if you have an interest in the cutting edge of music tech or music hackery, Peter Kirn of CreateDigitalMusic is developing a new site, Noisepages, which you're welcome to come chat/blog on along with me.

cheers.

It sounded like an emo cry for help to me. :|

For some reason this is what I thought of:

Johnny Ringo: And you must be Doc Holliday.

Doc Holliday: That's the rumor.

Johnny Ringo: You retired too?

Doc Holliday: Not me. I'm in my prime.

Johnny Ringo: Yeah, you look it.

Which leads me to believe...

analoq will be back when it's time to bring down the thunder, and hell will be coming with him?

He's our huckleberry? That's just his game?