Kontakt 2 -> Kontakt 4, Cubase SL3 -> Cubase 5. Are these upgrades worth it?

Well, I'm not a Cubase user, but if I were, I would probably say that it'd be worth it just because of the upgrade to 64-bit, not to mention the new stuff like pitch correction.

Kontakt 3 probably wasn't a huge upgrade until 3.5 came out, which introduced 64-bit as well as a HUGE performance boost in streaming so that loading times are faster and waaaay less RAM is used. However, Kontakt 4 is out now, and it's not only got a better core library, but also the new attributes-based browser which looks AWESOME. Zzounds should be shipping mine out today and I can't wait to use it.

I'd say if you can afford both, the upgrades should be worth it.

Remember to use this zzounds affiliate link if you plan on going through with this. They'll match the lowest price + free shipping and no tax (unless you're in NJ).

I believe the Cubase upgrade would be worth it, Cubase 5 has some pretty nifty new features since version 3. I made the jump two weeks ago myself, and I don't regret it.

One note about running Cubase in 64-bit though: Most 32-bit VSTi's won't work anymore. After reading their forums I've realized that their "bridge" isn't very reliable. I use several small and old VSTi's myself, so I ended up going down to the 32-bit installation.

Well, I'm running a 32-bit OS (WinXP) right now, so I do not think 64-bit will help me at the moment.

Though I've been thinking about picking up Windows 7 64-bit when it comes out in a couple of weeks, but I would like to know about compatibility issues first.

I'm skipping Windows ME2ImeanVista

Maybe I searched wrong, but I was unable to find the Cubase Upgrade versions at zzsounds... I love OCR, but not enough to buy full price version when I am upgrade price eligible.

Where did you read that about Akoustik Piano?

Argh. I mailed them, got a reply a few days later (they must've been swamped), and I thought Akoustik was included; but only Elektrik was confirmed.

I told 'm I wanted to see the Scarbee Rhodes released as Kore pack. I hope that's going to happen...