Newbie remixer looking for some help

I've downloaded many of the programs I might need, as well as some soundfonts. I have Reaper, Synth, Audacity, SFZ (I think tthat's what it's called), and I'm now downloading Fruityloops.

Anyway, my question is this: How do I start using the soundfonts to create music? Do I need a virtual keyboard? I've loaded the soundfonts using SFZ and saved them, then loaded them through Reaper but it doesn't seem to work. I think I'm just having issues getting used to the software. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it! I wanna get started remixing, but I suppose I'll have to learn the prgrams first >.< Der... lol but seriously, just the basics and I think I can take it from there ^_^

I've downloaded many of the programs I might need, as well as some soundfonts. I have Reaper, Synth, Audacity, SFZ (I think tthat's what it's called), and I'm now downloading Fruityloops.

Anyway, my question is this: How do I start using the soundfonts to create music? Do I need a virtual keyboard? I've loaded the soundfonts using SFZ and saved them, then loaded them through Reaper but it doesn't seem to work. I think I'm just having issues getting used to the software. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it! I wanna get started remixing, but I suppose I'll have to learn the prgrams first >.< Der... lol but seriously, just the basics and I think I can take it from there ^_^

How do I start using the soundfonts to create music? Do I need a virtual keyboard? I've loaded the soundfonts using SFZ and saved them, then loaded them through Reaper but it doesn't seem to work. I think I'm just having issues getting used to the software. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it! I wanna get started remixing, but I suppose I'll have to learn the prgrams first >.< Der... lol but seriously, just the basics and I think I can take it from there ^_^
I think I'm just having issues getting used to the software. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it! I wanna get started remixing, but I suppose I'll have to learn the prgrams first >.< Der... lol but seriously, just the basics and I think I can take it from there ^_^
I wanna get started remixing, but I suppose I'll have to learn the prgrams first >.< Der... lol but seriously, just the basics and I think I can take it from there ^_^
but I suppose I'll have to learn the prgrams first

you're not gonna remix anything unless you know how to use the program.

also acknowledging that you've "downloaded many of the programs" will get you spat on by people who actually spent the money to buy the programs.

there are demo versions of each of those programs that he might be downloading. if that's what he's getting, he's fine. if he's downloading them illegally, well, he's a stupid idiot for saying out loud that he did that.

play around with the different programs to get the hang of it. FL is way better than reaper in that regard - you can start making sounds right away rather than dicking around with settings.

You can't just jump in to making music like that, though once you know how your program of choice operates on a basic level (I'd recommend FL Studio for beginners), you will be able to. We have workshop forums here though they usually cover specific questions. I might check out some tutorials on youtube, there's a whole bunch and I'm sure a few of them cover the basics of FL. Good luck!

It's probably best to look at the parts that go into making a remix as separate tasks. You need to write it, you need to make the tracks sound good, you need to mix the tracks together and keep it sounding good. Remixing is not importing a midi and using preset sounds to play it. It's actually more complicated - and more fun - than that

This unfinished FAQ/tutorial/guide should get you started on the general stuff, but it doesn't cover program-specific things like how to load soundfonts. There are other guides covering different topics, just run around the workshop, look for other resources and read just about evreything you can find. And listen. And experiment. And have fun. :D

Thanks for the replies ^_^

First off, no I did NOT download any of these illegally... I have demos for the time being until I can afford to purchase them. Thankfully I have a keyboard I can use, which I'm fairly certain I'm going to need.

And... I know I can't just jump in, I hadn't intended to post a new remix tomorrow! lol! I know I need to learn the programs first, and that is why I've posted here... though the topic moved, oops sorry about that. Anywho thanks for the info, I'll get started on learning these programs right away!

I've done this sort of thing before, but it was a PS2 game called E-Jay Clubworld (which kind of sucked but I know the basics). How to actually make the music is my problem... arranging, editing, and altering the music is something I know how to do.

In any case, thanks again for the replies and the help! Hopefully within the next few months I'll be able to start becoming a part of the remixing community!