Old 03-13-2005, 04:42 AM
David W. Lloyd, Administrator
Ganon (+8000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

OCR01328 - Super Mario Bros. 'Bowser Is Pissed'

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

djpretzel / www.ocremix.org / www.djpretzel.com / anime mixes
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:50 AM
Ghaleon (+2250)

definitely fun to listen to, i'm not done listening to it for the first time yet, but i'm really liking the guitar solo
Old 03-13-2005, 04:55 AM
Tanooki Mario (+1500)

Send a message via AIM to damathacus Send a message via MSN to damathacus Send a message via Yahoo to damathacus
This is neat, different stuff. Two thumbs.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:05 AM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Thumbs up

Overall, the mood and emotion of the music changes alot, sometimes slow, sometimes fast and harder sounding, which isn't bad but... it does kind of weaken the entire song overall (although individually I like both parts [the quieter sections and the harder section]).

Overall, very true to the original, a good job turning that little sound clip into a four minute long piece. I would have rather seen the entire song sound like the ending (which is more "rocking" I guess). The title is misleading, as bowser doesn't sound THAT angry until the ending of the song.

Still though, worth the download if you like SMB.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:30 AM
Goomba (+100)

Booooooooooriiiiiiiiiing!

If you're looking for a solid Super Mario Bros. ReMix. . .then prepare to be sorely disappointed. If you're looking for a generic metal song with lots of ripping synthetic guitars and some SMB thrown in for the Hell of it. . .you've got the right ReMix.

In my opinion, this wasn't worth the time it took to download. If I wanted something original and metally(?), I'd hit up Newgrounds or MP3.com or something. This is hardly a ReMix at all. More like an original composition with the Super Mario Bros. theme thrown in here and there just for the Hell of it. And even then, it's only a half-decent original composition. And on that note, this ReMix strongly reminds me of "The Legend of Zelda UnderWorldPressureCooker," by wRenchpilot. . . And not in a good way, either. In a sort of. . ."I couldn't think of anything better to do" way.

I'm sorry, but this completely fails to impress me in any aspect at all. How this became an OverClocked ReMix is beyond me.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:37 AM
Banned
Alex Kidd (+1850)

Send a message via ICQ to Wallace Guyford Send a message via AIM to Wallace Guyford Send a message via MSN to Wallace Guyford Send a message via Yahoo to Wallace Guyford
I heard this song a long time ago when I signed up at some mp3 site to host a song. I thought it was an OCR mix, but I didn't see it here. Here it is now I guess. Pretty good song.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Mother Brain (+4000)

Great guitar solos and a good beat.

I loved every second of it
Old 03-13-2005, 09:58 AM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Send a message via AIM to Zekian
Woo, my 16th birthday remix! And it's a nice present too. At first it seems just kinda crazy, but when the theme kicks in, it really becomes great. I can see Mario and Bowser fighting against each other in an epic battle with this music. It's great stuff, especially considering the fact you really don't have much to work with. I love it when remixers take simple tunes and manage to turn them into long, full-fledged remixes while still letting the original theme shine through clearly. Bravo.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:05 AM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboTerrorist Send a message via Yahoo to TwinTurboTerrorist
Re: Booooooooooriiiiiiiiiing!

Excellent remix. I love how the original mix gets stretched, the bassline of the original song gets redone and redone, and then the insane guitar comes out to play. Bravo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Collins
If you're looking for a solid Super Mario Bros. ReMix. . .then prepare to be sorely disappointed. If you're looking for a generic metal song with lots of ripping synthetic guitars and some SMB thrown in for the Hell of it. . .you've got the right ReMix.

In my opinion, this wasn't worth the time it took to download. If I wanted something original and metally(?), I'd hit up Newgrounds or MP3.com or something. This is hardly a ReMix at all. More like an original composition with the Super Mario Bros. theme thrown in here and there just for the Hell of it. And even then, it's only a half-decent original composition. And on that note, this ReMix strongly reminds me of "The Legend of Zelda UnderWorldPressureCooker," by wRenchpilot. . . And not in a good way, either. In a sort of. . ."I couldn't think of anything better to do" way.

I'm sorry, but this completely fails to impress me in any aspect at all. How this became an OverClocked ReMix is beyond me.
Maybe because those here have better musical listening skills and taste, here. Almost the entire song uses the bass lines and the main lines from the original, reworked with many different instruments in different parts of the song, and extrapolates the main part and the bassline all over the song; sometimes together, sometimes seperate.

But I probably lost you the second I typed "bass lines". I'm guessing you never paid attention to that when you played the original game.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Sheng Long (+10000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimFrost
Great guitar solos and a good beat.

I loved every second of it
[/concur]

Tags
aggressive, electric-guitar, electronic, rock, strings, synth