Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Hayden Petrie
Dr. Wily (+1300)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

VGDJ: The Official OCR Podcast

WHAT'S A PODCAST?

It's the newest thing in online blogging. It's like a radio show that you download and listen to whenever you want. It's not broadcast live anywhere so you're not tagged with a schedule to follow. The podcast works around your schedule.

WHAT IS VGDJ

VGDJ is the official podcast for Overclocked ReMix presented by your hosts zircon & pixietricks. The podcast was initially started and hosted by Razya and Aurora, with Wingless being a host for a short time as well.

Here's what you can expect to hear:

- Reviews and clips from the latest mixes posted to the site
- A random older mix as selected by the Russian ReMix Roulette
- Special features recorded live at events such as concerts or meetups
- Reports from Rama (ThaSauce), Cyan_Ide, and DrumUltimA, covering community news, OCR competitions, and meetups, respectively.
- And anything else we see fit!

Our shows are usually between 35 and 45 minutes, with the special episodes being up to an hour or longer (so far, never longer than two hours though). New shows are typically released Sunday at midnight, with a few exceptions for the bigger episodes that take longer to edit. If you're a dedicated site visitor, you may not find all the information useful, but for new visitors to the site, this is as perfect introduction. We want to fill a void in an increasingly popular media trend in hopes that more people can discover and participate in this amazing community.

WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFO?

www.vgdj.net has a link to the show, show notes complete with timestamps and working links to all mentioned URL's. There is also an RSS feed that you can subscribe to which will make following the progress of the show seamless. We are also listed on PodcastAlley in the Music/Radio category (#1 currently!)

WHAT WILL I NEED?
1. Interest
2. A web browser
3. A media player (desktop or portable or both)
4. An XML/RSS feed manager that can automatically download new shows and import them to your media player (optional)

HOW CAN WE SEND FEEDBACK?

Your feedback is welcomed and encouraged! Please let us know how we're doing, how we're not doing, or if you have ideas for this show. This is not just a pixietricks and zircon thing. We are more than open to ideas and we want the community to be involved in this as much as possible. Our email is vgdjpodcast@gmail.com if you would like to contact us regarding the show. You can also post here.

ANYTHING ELSE?

You can either subscribe to our feed or go to www.vgdj.net to download. Links to the show notes will always be posted with the show including the links to everything we've mentioned.

We also have an irc channel, #vgdj on irc.enterthegame.net. Come and chat!

HOW YOU CAN VOTE FOR VGDJ!

There are over 20,000 podcasts organized and ranked at podcastalley.com. Because it's such a popular site, achieving high rankings is a way of gaining higher visibility for a podcast - which, for us, means video game music and OCR getting more attention! In order to get VGDJ higher up on the rankings, it's a simple matter of voting for us (note: simply downloading the show doesn't do anything). You can vote by going to the following link:

http://www.podcastalley.com/one_vote2.php?pod_id=4140

You just need a valid email address. Type it in, click on the link in the email that you receive, and you're done. You can do it once a month, since the rankings are reset on the 1st of each month. It only takes a few seconds, but it really helps, so please vote!

Lets have some fun with this, people!

Larry "Liontamer" Oji writes: "Everything sounds excellent so far. Love the format."

Last edited by zircon; 12-31-2006 at 07:17 PM.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Danny Adler
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Subscribed! Yay. Sounds neato.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:27 PM
John Burnett
Ghaleon (+2250)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Please. I am Wingless

*bump*
Old 05-23-2005, 09:27 PM
David Marriott
Bad Dude (+500)

I got the nescessary software and feed in minutes. I'm looking forward to a future of successful broadcasts.
- Somtimes 'Shuffle' on your own playlists doesn't cut it
Old 05-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Danny Adler
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

OMG you guys talk like Canadians! YES. "Aboot"
Old 05-23-2005, 09:38 PM
David Marriott
Bad Dude (+500)

I'm about 9 minutes in, and yes there is a lot of talking, but I was forewarned and thus far it is perfect for those new to the site. DJP should consider offering a link to #001 episode on the sites 'About' pages...
- Ah, the first song is off and running, and I think things are gonna start rolling.

How do you create the broadcast? And if it isn't quite live, do you do more than one take? I am just curious to how the show is made.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Hayden Petrie
Dr. Wily (+1300)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Well mostly we get on Skype and just talk to each other. I record my half, Aurora records hers and then she sends me her mp3 and I mash them together with music, editing and all that stuff in Sony Vegas 6.0.. We had a couple retakes and we had some technical issues, but overall thats how it goes. We're gonna be able to put it together smoother and quicker in the future..

Also do you guys think the full songs should be played or just minute or so clips to give people the idea? I mean its a 64kbps stream anyway so you're gonna go get the real thing right?
Old 05-23-2005, 09:58 PM
John Burnett
Ghaleon (+2250)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Most business fail within the first few months

This will expedite the process
Hayden Petrie
Dr. Wily (+1300)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Hey swank.. Thanks yo..
Burk
Little Mac (+900)

I just finished the podcast; wow, great work guys. Alot of good content. I think it served as a fitting first episode, with some helpful information for non-OCRers that still kept the attention of those of us more familiar with the site. I was actually expecting it to be more awkward, and sure, there's a little bit of awkwardness in there, but it seems like y'all are already settling into the format and routine. Which, of course, is a good thing. All in all, fantastic start, and I'm already looking forward to the next episode.

[EDIT] Rayza, I think the clips are very appropriate for the format. The best thing would be to keep that balance of both full songs and clips that was present in today's episode; it worked well.

[EDIT 2] ABOOT

clamped sig perfection by Edgar Mullins
Closed Thread