Old 06-18-2010, 05:24 AM
David O'Neal Roberts
Mother Brain (+4000)

I think that Nintendo has filled it's quota for Ocarina fans. I think that they are really moving on with this one. I hope that they refuse to cater to fanboys and really just do something new here.

I am very excited about this game. I like the graphics - very fun and adventurous, and I am like many others looking forward to an authentic orchestral musical score, not the cheap midi we're used to. The game just looks like it is doing what it wants. Twilight Princess is good but I feel like it was created as a labour of servitude, not a labor of fun. We'll see.

Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Eggplant Wizard (+300)

I was commenting more on the visuals than the controls.

A real person holding a sword, or even just having a sword sheathed at the hip, moves and walks with a gait, swings their arms, etc, that is essentially matched by the sword held in his/her hand or attached to his/her hip.

My guess is people aren't going to play the game standing up and walk on the spot so that Link is going to walk around holding/moving the sword with a natural gait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkeSword View Post
They actually were experiencing technical difficulties during Miyamoto's demo. The bright lights on stage were messing with the sensors on the wiimotes and causing input hiccups.

If you read any hands-on impressions at the game news website of your choice, people who have tried it out say that the controls are very responsive and aren't prone to those weird input issues we saw during the demo.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Nabeel Ansari
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sengin View Post
(I can't recall a single song, and I just beat the game for the second time 100% again a month ago)...
[stuff]
...with this shift to orchestral music, it seems like the majority of songs have put that all away and all the games that do this type of music are very similar sounding, boring pieces of music that just fill the silence (no good original melodies, no good "groove").
Blasphemy. There are more than ten songs I can remember from that game, and I only did it 100% ONCE. Absolutely strong melodies, and a lot of them in each song. I respect everyone has their own tastes, but to say that they're all similar sounding and boring "silence fillers" is a bit over the top insulting to the composer. There's plenty of good stuff in Mario Galaxy music, and I don't understand how you see them as boring and similar sounding. Also, Mario Galaxy music isn't just orchestral.

Freezeflame Galaxy. :D

I am EXCITED for the orchestral music of this new Zelda game.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Banned
Joe Musashi (+7000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neblix View Post
Blasphemy. There are more than ten songs I can remember from that game, and I only did it 100% ONCE. Absolutely strong melodies, and a lot of them in each song. I respect everyone has their own tastes, but to say that they're all similar sounding and boring "silence fillers" is a bit over the top insulting to the composer. There's plenty of good stuff in Mario Galaxy music, and I don't understand how you see them as boring and similar sounding. Also, Mario Galaxy music isn't just orchestral.
thats just your opinion buddy

i agree with sengin though yeah i turned the music off in galaxy after a certain point it didnt do anything for me
Old 06-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Andrew LaChance
Red Mage (+400)

To be fair, I didn't say EVERY piece of music in Galaxy was boring to me, and I wasn't commenting on solely Galaxy.

But about the game: when I saw that Link could actually run and jump on command, I was damned happy. Seriously, he couldn't jump on command without being in an attack stance in any traditional Zelda game (excluding Link's Awakening, but you needed a damned item and have it equipped in order to jump?!, and I'm excluding Zelda II here because I don't consider it a "traditional" Zelda). Also, I won't have to roll roll roll roll roll to get anywhere when I don't have the horse/faster transportation finally. I can't believe it took them this long to add such basic functionality.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Mother Brain (+4000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadave View Post
I am like many others looking forward to an authentic orchestral musical score, not the cheap midi we're used to.
None of these games had MIDIs. MIDI is just information sent between different types of hardware/software. It has nothing to do with cheap sounding instruments.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Mega Man (+1000)

Send a message via MSN to Raziellink
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmuh View Post
thats just your opinion buddy

i agree with sengin though yeah i turned the music off in galaxy after a certain point it didnt do anything for me
Pffff, I haven't even PLAYED Mario Galaxy yet. So there.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Ghaleon (+2250)

So am I insulting the composer of FFXII if I say I can't remember a single song from the game, and think they were all pretty similar-sounding, or at least similar in their forgetfulness?

Anyhoo, you better believe I am excited for this...

But priorities, you know? I have to get Metroid first, ha.
I think the watercolor look is looking really cool for the game, though I am on the fence about the Link model, between "it's good" and "it a'ight".
I would have gone for a little younger, like say young Link in OoT (though that's where I would want my OoT similarities to end).

As a huge Majora fan (being my favorite Zelda and one of all time favorite games), I was pleased as punch to see it in the litany of Zelda games shown during the trailer.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Evil Ryu (+1800)

I had a cool idea for Skyward Sword.
Picture this:
Link lives in SkyLoft, a island above the clouds.

From here, all around is a sea of clouds.

One day, Link accidentally falls off the island and into the clouds. He lands on a cliff and sees a landscape of steam factories.

The clouds are actually the steam rising from the factories of an advanced race of monsters living below skyloft, where locomotives, warmechs and other steam-punk style technology is produced.

Link has to fight his way through one of the factories, where he finds an awesome treasure: A steam powered jetpack!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k07cS...eature=related (Skip to 2:07)

The Boss of the dungeon would be a monster using an enormous flying machine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za0ok...eature=related

I think that would be neat.

3DS FC: 1461-6201-4828 PM me if you add me! I go as GameBird!

Last edited by Overflow; 06-21-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:40 AM
Jeremy Waters, Serious Monkey Business Co-Director
Big Boss (+6000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via AIM to Geoffrey Taucer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I had a cool idea for Skyward Sword.
Picture this:
Link lives in SkyLoft, a island above the clouds.

From here, all around is a sea of clouds.

One day, Link accidentally falls off the island and into the clouds. He lands on a cliff and sees a landscape of steam factories.

The clouds are actually the steam rising from the factories of an advanced race of monsters living below skyloft, where locomotives, warmechs and other steam-punk style technology is produced.

Link has to fight his way through one of the factories, where he finds an awesome treasure: A steam powered jetpack!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k07cS...eature=related (Skip to 2:07)

The Boss of the dungeon would be a monster using an enormous flying machine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za0ok...eature=related

I think that would be neat.
This... would actually be a pretty awesome premise. Not one I'd use for a Zelda game, but you could spin a really neat original story out of this.

"No single step in the search for enlightenment should ever be considered sacred; only the search should."
-Ann Druyan