ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on PATREON!!

Old 06-29-2010, 01:17 AM
David W. Lloyd, Administrator
Ganon (+8000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

OCR02060 - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 'It's Morphin Time!'

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

djpretzel / www.ocremix.org / www.djpretzel.com / anime mixes
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:38 AM
Peter Blaise Mazzeo
Octorok (+200)

Super job right here! I remember this from the WIP boards... I was so excited to hear this, not just because the song itself is awesome but also because the game brings back huge moments of nostalgia. Ah, MMPR.

But really, the song is amazing. I'm glad that Willrock is branching out and trying out some new things. His synth trademark isn't getting old, by any means, but this breath of fresh air makes the synthy goodness all the better to listen to. :D
Old 06-29-2010, 01:39 AM
Jarel Jones
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

For years now, I've been telling people that OCR needed more Power Rangers, and finally someone delivers.

Ignoring the fanboy nonsense for a minute, this is a solid track. Love the guitar breakdowns and synth work, and the classic feel had me trying to air guitar and everything. Absolutely delicious mix.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:46 AM
Simon Sternis
Goomba (+100)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via AIM to Scaredsim
Pretty kicking song! Nice guitars and the synth work is as impressive as usual!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Christoph Luhn
Octorok (+200)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via ICQ to luhny Send a message via AIM to luhny Send a message via MSN to luhny
Oh, this is very nice. I especially like the guitar solo - but the whole track is great.

I am very fond of that rythm guitar sound, has a nice touch of clarity to it - what I always seem to have trouble with you caught very well in this mix.

Nice one, Will. Thanks for sharing this.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Riccardo
Little Mac (+900)

Awesome, I was waiting this since I've heard the WIP nice job!

Old 06-30-2010, 04:27 AM
Octorok (+200)

Send a message via AIM to FenixDown
I really enjoyed this arrangement, Willrock. The guitar and synth got my head bobbing and toe tapping. Nicely done.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:32 AM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Oh Unexpected.

Not only was the concept of Power Rangers unexpected to some extent. But the fact that I can't hear anything from their main theme in this. Uh... except for a few twings here and there that have the same flow as their theme song.

Any particular reason it didn't hit down in this song? Like, is it a more obscure piece because you didn't want your local friends to listen in and go: "is that... Power Rangers?..." then stare at you funny?
Old 06-30-2010, 05:21 AM
Yousef Reda
Akuma (+1100)

Send a message via Yahoo to SoulinEther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono3of3time View Post
Not only was the concept of Power Rangers unexpected to some extent. But the fact that I can't hear anything from their main theme in this. Uh... except for a few twings here and there that have the same flow as their theme song.
I've played about half of the game once and I don't remember hearing the show's theme anywhere beyond the intro. (edit: this was also like 10 years ago)

Regarding this remix: wasn't feeling it so much. I think the quality/mixing is definitely showing improvement. The first guitar solo was awesome, but started dragging toward the end - I was giving it a casual first listen and it made me really pay attention to what was going on to make sense of it. The synth solo is <3 though. Just something about it isn't grabbing my total interest.

Is this the first level/area theme?

Follow me on Youtube - I mean, there can't be that many talentless, lazy-eyed video bloggers out there.

Last edited by SoulinEther; 06-30-2010 at 05:27 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:41 AM
William Harby, Judge
Ghaleon (+2250)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono3of3time View Post

Any particular reason it didn't hit down in this song? Like, is it a more obscure piece because you didn't want your local friends to listen in and go: "is that... Power Rangers?..." then stare at you funny?
Well OverClocked Remix tend to not like it if you use music made outside games. If you read the submission standards:

Quote:
The music must have been composed specifically for the game. Movie themes such as Star Wars or licensed songs from games like Gran Turismo do not qualify.
If i'd used the power rangers theme prominently it probably would not have hit the front page.

Remember this is a remix made for the game, not the TV series itself.

Tags
guitar, rock