Old 08-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Jahan Zoltan Honma, Japanese Translator
Fire Mario (+1425)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via AIM to The Legendary Zoltan Send a message via MSN to The Legendary Zoltan Send a message via Skype™ to The Legendary Zoltan
I watched the episode about MMOs. You think of EVERYTHING man!

I think it would be CRAZY if the quests involved going outside and doing something real.

I have a question. I hope it's not rude. I'd just like to know if doing internet videos pays enough to support you without having another job. Can I ask that? I hope so.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Joshu Skowronek
Link (+1900)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via ICQ to Nase
big congrats. 600 comments on the first one, seems like it's taking off well!
have to say that i never liked the pitched up voice, but if it makes the delivery easier for you, i can accept it. i realise that not everyone has a mesmerizing narrative voice, and it's better to keep the team small for this kind of personal format.

as far as the content goes, always been a fan. it's great edutainment, no unnecessary bells and whistles to distract.
i think the main thing that differentiates your series from almost everything else is the idealist notion that always shines through. that's a rare sight on the net, as riding on a wave of sarcasm/cynicism seems to be the easier way to go for most, ultimately. there's an art to that as well of course, and not many do it well.
it's funny though how i can't think of a single format similar to yours dealing with video games, and it's not like it's that esoteric at all. poking fun at the cliches and shortcomings of game development isn't anything new, but evaluating what led to these developments and providing commentary&ideas, all with the superior motive of helping with the progress of the medium, feels genuinely refreshing, even though it sounds like such an obvious thing to do.

i'm a bit worried about you doing one of these per week now. bi-weekly seems more doable considering the amount of thought that went into each episode so far. hope you don't burn out too fast!

Last edited by Nase; 08-06-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:31 AM
Mega Man (+1000)

May I extend another congratulations towards everyone involved with Extra Credits? Well, I am right now.

This is probably not the best place to ask, but could we see an episode devoted towards the issue of Digital Distribution? I sense that we will all be forced into using it exclusively in the near future, and I'd like to see what you have to say about that.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Daniel Floyd, Extra Credits Scriptwriter & Narrator
Dracula (+2750)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCvgluvr View Post
May I extend another congratulations towards everyone involved with Extra Credits? Well, I am right now.

This is probably not the best place to ask, but could we see an episode devoted towards the issue of Digital Distribution? I sense that we will all be forced into using it exclusively in the near future, and I'd like to see what you have to say about that.
Thanks! Yeah, I could see us doing that sort of topic. It seems like the kind of thing James would have some ideas for. Shoot us an email just to be sure James sees it.
extracreditz@gmail.com
Old 08-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Luke
Big Boss (+6000)

I approve of this thread.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Mega Man (+1000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephfire View Post
Thanks! Yeah, I could see us doing that sort of topic. It seems like the kind of thing James would have some ideas for. Shoot us an email just to be sure James sees it.
extracreditz@gmail.com
That's great! I'll be sure to do that. I look forward to future episodes!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Jeremy Waters, Serious Monkey Business Co-Director
Big Boss (+6000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via AIM to Geoffrey Taucer
Videogames and Innovation

great stuff

"No single step in the search for enlightenment should ever be considered sacred; only the search should."
-Ann Druyan
Old 08-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Kevin Kruse
Luigi (+2000)

You bring up many good points, it be cool if someone from a big studio saw this video and started thinking about your ideas.
oh and the ending made me laugh.

A man lasts a generation. However his name lasts forever
Old 08-12-2010, 08:02 PM
David Hsu
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Some good ideas in this week's ep, although I kinda raised an eyebrow when you explained the reason for keeping indie branches on a tight budget. I essentially heard, "Be sure to pay them peanuts, keeps 'em motivated." Which sounds slightly evil, but it does kinda makes sense on paper (a big bonus would be their "tip" for a job well done). In practice, though, it doesn't quite work that way.

<Bleck> Neblix I will punch you in the soul
Old 08-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Connor Pelkey
Akuma (+1100)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

eternal watch list right here.

I agree with Dhsu but.

Great points all around.