Old 04-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Vinnie Prabhu, Judge
Dracula (+2750)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via AIM to Palpable
Awesome to see this working. Now I can finally figure out who some of these crazy cats are!
Sponsored Links

Please join us the next two weeks supporting our sponsor, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call™!!
Old 04-11-2009, 09:06 PM
David Hesselbom, Mascot Bio Project Co-Editor & Director
Mother Brain (+4000)

Send a message via AIM to Dafydd Send a message via MSN to Dafydd
That's weird, I'm sure someone (probably LT) wrote here in this thread that if this project was ever completed I would get a project coordinator badge emblazoned under my username. And now I can't find the post...
Old 04-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Larry Oji, Community Manager, Moderator, Judge
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Added a forum title for you, David. GLORY!

Also, I went through myself and manually added mascot pics into each of the entries, and also changed the companies in the "Created by" sections to the OCR organization links, or MobyGames/Wikipedia where applicable. My fault for not asking you guys to handle either before.

I'll see what to do with djp about an announcement.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Kyle Crouse, Shell Shocked Director, Around the World Co-Director
Ganon (+8000)

Even though I haven't seen the mascots for several years now, (using the Dark Skin) this was an awesome idea and I'm glad to see it finally come to it's full, final realization. Nice work on those bios, folks!
Old 04-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Mascot Bio Project Co-Editor
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liontamer View Post
(I) changed the companies in the "Created by" sections to the OCR organization links
Yeah, I was gonna bring that up. I for one appreciate said links changed to intrasite company pages, like how they (and ReMixed games) are linked in the Interview articles.

I'm glad the repeat mascots sharing one bio all show up on their respective pages. By that extension, if it's not too much trouble, could we have the Darkstalker mascots appear on the Darkstalkers Category page?

Personally, I think it's fair game if djp noted the clickability feature in a writeup. We can keep this thread open for bio readers to point out mistakes/broken links for us to fix, or general feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
I noticed watkinzez isn't listed as an editor in the main article. Hum. Was he or do I just think he was because of how many writeups he did?
You, Linearity, and I are the editors. Remember all the nitpicking we went through in getting them polished for the site? LT then graced us three with our haloed Wiki accounts because of his trust in us. :salute:

Also, congrats on your new EMBLAZONED title.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

You editors get a title too; I want folks to be able to find you guys and contact you whenever they have questions, so you all get GLORY!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Shariq Ansari, Judge, Moderator, For Everlasting Peace Director
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

This project is stupid and you are all stupid.

I mean...

Uh...
Old 04-12-2009, 06:13 PM
David Hesselbom, Mascot Bio Project Co-Editor & Director
Mother Brain (+4000)

Send a message via AIM to Dafydd Send a message via MSN to Dafydd
Quote:
Added a forum title for you, David. GLORY!

Also, I went through myself and manually added mascot pics into each of the entries, and also changed the companies in the "Created by" sections to the OCR organization links, or MobyGames/Wikipedia where applicable. My fault for not asking you guys to handle either before.

I'll see what to do with djp about an announcement.
Wow, thanks man, for the title and all the other stuff you did. We didn't know how to handle the pics because you said DJP was going to code it so that there wouldn't be a pic in the actual bio, but when a mascot was clicked it would stay the same when the wiki page loaded. Something about the impact on bandwidth it would have to load two mascot images at the same time...eeeh. Anyway, thanks a lot for fixing it for us, and the other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
You, Linearity, and I are the editors. Remember all the nitpicking we went through in getting them polished for the site? LT then graced us three with our haloed Wiki accounts because of his trust in us. :salute:

Also, congrats on your new EMBLAZONED title.
I remember, I just don't remember watkinzez not being part of all that. Congrats to you too. *high fives*

I think my Toejam and Earl bio could do with some editing, still. I read it and didn't really like it very much. I'll try to do something about it soon...

Last edited by Dafydd; 04-12-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
We didn't know how to handle the pics because you said DJP was going to code it so that there wouldn't be a pic in the actual bio, but when a mascot was clicked it would stay the same when the wiki page loaded. Something about the impact on bandwidth it would have to load two mascot images at the same time...eeeh.
Nah, too tough. Ultimately, we can bear the bandwidth, and the mascot changing up top made djp click through them en masse to randomly read the bios, so I see other fans doing the same. Thus it's not a bug, it's a feature. :-)
Old 04-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Vinnie Prabhu, Judge
Dracula (+2750)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via AIM to Palpable
Quote:
Nah, too tough. Ultimately, we can bear the bandwidth, and the mascot changing up top made djp click through them en masse to randomly read the bios, so I see other fans doing the same. Thus it's not a bug, it's a feature.
Yep, that's exactly what I did too. I thought that was cool.