OCR02213 - *YES* Halo 3 'Immortalized'

OceansAndrew

Sole Signal

Halo 3

Songs: "Never Forget," "Finish the Fight," main Halo theme

The main source is such a powerful track, especially with the swelling strings after the first time through the melody. I knew when I first heard it that I wanted to try a remix of the track. Hope everyone enjoys my take on a few of the classic Halo themes.

"Never Forget:"

"Finish the Fight:"

Think? You know damn well they are.

Well... hard to find a foot wrong here. Phat beats, epic source, nice strings/piano samples. My only real criticism is the section with the main halo theme didn't feel as epic as it usually does the first time it enters. Ending with the piano was a cool idea. Pretty solid all around.

Just as a sidenote, some of the halo music is really excellent. Moar remixes. Shame they didn't really evolve after the first game though.

YES

Pretty easy decision here. Fishy pretty much has it covered. Love pretty much everything going on; beats, soundscape, and sounds all are chosen with care. I don't know if it was intentional, but the beginning piano section felt just a little blocky at times, sticking with chords a lot. As the song opens up, it's fine though.

The one very small thing I noticed for production is that the background encroaches on the piano in a couple of sections. Super minor, though.

YES

I think halo music is a pretty solid example of a modern soundtrack that has a strong melody, and this is one that fits Greg's style super well.

A really nice soundscape, well-chosen instruments, and the sole signal polish, this is a pretty elegant but still somewhat urban take on an excellent theme.

I do agree the piano writing at the beginning was a little overly blocked out, but this is really well done stuff, letting the melody take the lead.

Classy.

Yes

Oh this is wonderful! I do love your choice of source tunes as well; Halo has wonderful music.

Strings are a bit fakey on the attack, but they're not bad. Great percussion and percussive elements, especially around 1:30. Nice use of choir too; it's not too exposed and it gets the job done. I like the relative dryness of the piano, it sits nicely in the mix.

Great stuff. Really captures the feel of the original tracks with a great, groovy spin.

YES