ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on PATREON!!

Old 11-15-2010, 12:03 AM
F. Petitpas
Akuma (+1100)

[........]

[........]

Last edited by Metal Man; 01-07-2012 at 03:42 AM.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Andrew Struve
Octorok (+200)

There are a crap load of FL users here. There are a few of us Reason and Reason and Record users.

To each their own. The DAW is just the tool you use to make the music. I could write in a different DAW and still find ways to be productive. However I prefer Reason because of its logical sequencer and the fact that everything is modeled as a hardware device.

Also, search for older posts at the bottom of this reason forum. There's a bunch of older stuff that disappears due to no activity.

Last edited by Obtuse; 11-20-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Link (+1900)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
There are a crap load of FL users here. There are a few of us Reason and Reason and Record users.

To each their own. The DAW is just the tool you use to make the music. I could write in a different DAW and still find ways to be productive. However I prefer Reason because of its logical sequencer and the fact that everything is modeled as a hardware device.

Also, search for older posts at the bottom of this reason forum. There's a bunch of older stuff that disappears due to no activity.
ABLETON ALL DAY (J/K) but alot of people here use Fl studio because of ''its Easy yo, use piano roll and sequencer''. I dont like fl because its hard to record complex music and the playlist is just not good and not fast, but fl has good plugins tho.

I will try reason one day, i heard its good for all types of recording like abelton.

Last edited by SonicThHedgog; 11-30-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Ghaleon (+2250)

If I was smarter I'd use Reaper 4 life.

I'm still trying to learn its intricacies, as well as, you know figure out basic stuff to streamline shit.

But yeah, FL is pretty darn easy. Must be that free demo.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:14 AM
Jaron Widman
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I sequenced and mixed my entire album in Reason. The only thing I did elsewhere were the vocal edits, but even then most of the processing effects were done in Reason.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Nabeel Ansari
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Charlemagne View Post
But yeah, FL is pretty darn easy AND SUPER DIFFICULT TO MASTER. Must be that free demo.

Fixed.

I tried Reason demo and I can see the appeal, but if it doesn't have FL Studio's super workflow optimized piano roll then I don't like it. :P
Also, to anyone saying FL Studio is hard to record complex music, that just confuses the hell out of me. They only say that because they don't know how to use it properly.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Joren de Bruin
Bonus-Kun (+3000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by neblix View Post

Also, to anyone saying FL Studio is hard to record complex music, that just confuses the hell out of me. They only say that because they don't know how to use it properly.
Amen. My stuff gets complicated as fuck sometimes, but it's all FL Studio (well, and Audacity and T-racks, but that's neither here nor there).
Old 12-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Jaron Widman
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I just love how ANYTHING is possible in Reason using their baseline effects. Just depends on how you chain them together. An example: load up a multiband compressor preset, open up the Combinator and take a look at what they did. Simple and brilliant. It's not as effective as a standalone VST plugin, but still pretty cool. I haven't used FL in forever, but from what I remember, their workflow just wasn't as organic.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Timmah
Dan Hibiki (+50)

I began using Reason 5 a bit ago. The Kong Drum machine is a nice software emulation of an MPC/MPD. I choose to use FL because I can Rewire Reason into it.. as well as use all of my VSTs too. But there should be more Reason users.. it's a great DAW.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Jaron Widman
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

That's the one thing Reason needs... VST support.