Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Rab Townsend
Chrono (+800)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

how much more strict can I be than "right now."
I imposed THAT deadline months ago.
Sponsored Links

Please join us the next two weeks supporting our sponsor, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call™!!
Old 05-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Gray Alexander
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherius
So motivate yourselves. I'm here to organize, not hold your hands.
Agreed, the onus is on us mixers to get the job done.

For my part, I've been incredibly busy in the last few months.

Now all hell has broken loose where my music pc has crapped out on me. It's going to take me 1-3 weeks best case scenario to get it working again, and I have several work projects due once I get it working again.

Due to all this crud going on, unfortunately I'm going to have to drop out of the project with my rexy collab. Hopefully Rexy can somehow finish it up on her own.

Sorry Aetherius , I really wanted to be a part of this and finish my end of the collaboration, but right now my priority has to focus on real life work stuff once I get my music computer back working.

I'm very excited to hear the completion of the project though. Best of luck Aetherius and to all the mixers involved.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Bradley Burr, Thieves of Fate/Threshold of a Dream Director
Ganon (+8000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayLightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherius
So motivate yourselves. I'm here to organize, not hold your hands.
Agreed, the onus is on us mixers to get the job done.

For my part, I've been incredibly busy in the last few months.

Now all hell has broken loose where my music pc has crapped out on me. It's going to take me 1-3 weeks best case scenario to get it working again, and I have several work projects due once I get it working again.

Due to all this crud going on, unfortunately I'm going to have to drop out of the project with my rexy collab. Hopefully Rexy can somehow finish it up on her own.

Sorry Aetherius , I really wanted to be a part of this and finish my end of the collaboration, but right now my priority has to focus on real life work stuff once I get my music computer back working.

I'm very excited to hear the completion of the project though. Best of luck Aetherius and to all the mixers involved.
ahh, crap. i was looking forward to hearing Gray's submission.

that said, what song were they working on? i might get a bolt of inspiration if it's good.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Gray Alexander
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Inside the Egg with rexy. She pretty much has a cool framework/far into mix done, if someone wants to collab with her. Though of course that's her choice if she wants to collab or finish it on her own.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:11 PM
David Hesselbom, Mascot Bio Project Co-Editor & Director
Mother Brain (+4000)

Send a message via AIM to Dafydd Send a message via MSN to Dafydd
Hey, don't you think it's a little... I dunno... strange to say "It's up to us remixers to get this done" and then drop out in the very same post?

I mean, hey, you might have more important things to do... but still...

And this is kind of what makes me feel like we're in lack of momentum, that kills my enthusiasm and productivity, just like it does for Spc1st. Not only does the project progress slowly, but people keep quitting every so often, which totally sucks. I can't say I'm doing all I can to help the project, and I'm not blaming Aetherius for not spending all of his time finding new recruits, but when people quit, that just really makes me feel very unenthusiastic towards this project.

I will finish my remix, and I will do it soon enough, but on the other hand, it's difficult to get around to finishing it when you feel like you're not really making a difference no matter how hard you try. It's like my efforts are just a piss in mississippi, and that regardless of whether I finish my song, the project will never finish anyway. Being the one person everyone else is waiting for is a powerful inspiration to do your best, and the current situation has the opposite effect - I feel more motivated to sit here and complain than to actually finish my remix. And I think I'm doing better than many of the other remixers, to be honest - I've produced 5 WiP's so far over the course of 5 months. All I have left to do to finish my remix is some mastering and equalizing, and the reason I can't seem to get around to it is the fact that very few of the others seem to be doing anything, either. It's a sorry excuse, but hey, that's how it is.

Obviously, this could be part of the reason why so many people have quit on us - they don't feel important to the project, or they feel like they have more important things to do. It's a downward spiral and I don't know how to fix it. Aeth, it might not be your job to motivate us, but you started this thing, and even though it might seem like you should be able to just sit back and expect everyone else to do their part, like they should (including myself), since that's not working, maybe you should try something else if you really want this to finish. PM the ones who seem to have abandoned it and ask them whether they've quit or not, PM people you would like to join the project in their stead, and so forth. It sucks to see mixes that are maybe 10% done on eop's site - 4 months after the "deadline". Kick those people out and get some fresh meat for us.

And why are we still in the WiP forum?
Old 05-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Gray Alexander
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafydd
Hey, don't you think it's a little... I dunno... strange to say "It's up to us remixers to get this done" and then drop out in the very same post?

I mean, hey, you might have more important things to do... but still...
No I don't, because I've been involved in these types of projects before not only as a mixer but as a moderator that helps decide which project will become an OCR project or not. So I was speaking generally from that point of view. It's obvious that the person in charge of the project must marshall the troops into getting things done and keep the momentum going, but the project coordinator can only do so much. In some cases the only thing one can do is to remove a mixer and replace them. It was a collective statement rather than a singular one.

Second I brought up two points one not really relating to the other. ;)

In my case, if someone wants to spend 1-3 weeks fixing/reinstalling/reorganizing/setting up settings of my incredibly complex music set up to get all the software working in tandem again, then do work and pay my bills please let me know. Second I have had an irregular work schedule in the last half a year, so that has seriously impacted whatever free time I have.

You brought up good points about motivation though, but that's not really for me to comment on, certainly at this point. You should consider talking to Aetherius about it. The only thing I can think of to move this along is to have deadlines more frequently, but there are ups and downsides to that.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Project Chaos Co-Director
Dr. Wily (+1300)

Send a message via ICQ to k u n g f u c h i c k e n Send a message via AIM to k u n g f u c h i c k e n Send a message via MSN to k u n g f u c h i c k e n Send a message via Yahoo to k u n g f u c h i c k e n
you thought Gray was going to stick all the way through? That's my nigga but AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH. The kid is busy.

Quote:
[4:20] SnappleMan: Pussy is 500% better after you eat it.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Rab Townsend
Chrono (+800)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Well, I was kinda expecting gray to drop out as soon as he said he was interested. It's a loss...but also not a loss, because I didn't really count it as a gain... :/
Old 05-02-2006, 10:37 PM
David L. Puga, BadAss I & II Director
Tanooki Mario (+1500)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Wow, all I've been hearing is a bunch of "I can't work on my mix because blah blah!"

Seriously, it seems you(s?) had no idea how projects work most of the time. I'm in a few other projects, & while they may have started out full speed ahead, they get into a lull at some point. It's the nature of the thing. Heck, I'm pretty much finished with my track, I'm only waiting to wav it up because all the "un-motivated" people are taking their sweet time, which gives me some time to get my new comp. There are at least 2 people with finished tracks, maybe 3. So there, there's some motivation. Also, instead of waiting for others to get started & motivate you, why not start motivating other people, by finishing your own tracks.

Alright, I'm finished ranting. The end.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:32 AM
Rab Townsend
Chrono (+800)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker
instead of waiting for others to get started & motivate you, why not start motivating other people, by finishing your own tracks.
Hark! The herald! Angels sing!
Closed Thread