Contact Information

Your ReMixer name: Flexstyle

Your real name: Michael Birch

Your website: flexstylemusic.com

Your userid: 22246

Game ReMixed: Donkey Kong Country 3 (Gameboy Advance version) - Arich's theme

Title of ReMix: Arichnophobia

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfhOs74cV_Q

NOTE: This track is a PROJECT MIX, and comes from the Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble project.

When I first heard the source, it absolutely screamed "guitar-laced DnB" to me. So, with the help of my friend Paul Capps (who played the guitars and did an excellent job), this mix came about. Recommended dosage is at 110 dB, preferably with multicolored and flashing lights involved. Please rock out responsibly.

--

not much to say- it's a nice expansive dnb arrangement with some excellent textures and production (as expected by now from Flex :)). really capitalizes well on the source. the live guitar was a great touch, and I especially loved the way you incorporated it with the wobbly bass halfway through.

not gonna bother trying to nitpick; this is a rock-solid mix imo. great work, Michael. :nicework:

YES

Definitely some awesome stuff going on here. I like the arrangement, you've really expanded on the theme well, and everything is pretty clear. I'd have liked the main synth line to be less mechanical overall, but it's not a dealbreaker. Similarly, I'm hearing an interesting hum right at the end of the song. It's probably present throughout more of it, but you can only hear it when things calm down at the end. Again, not a dealbreaker, but something to note for future mixin's.

YES

Besides the bass being really subby without much presence, and some of the levels being off (the highs felt overhyped to me), this was pretty solid. The drums felt good, and the synths did as well. There was definitely a frequency hole in the low mids, but the arrangement was strong and varied enough to pull this one through.

Yes

• 2 months later...