Your ReMixer name: Flexstyle

Your real name: Michael Birch

Your website: flexstylemusic.com

Your userid: 22246

Game ReMixed: Wild ARMs - Battle M-Boss

Title of ReMix: Priority Nemesis

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzmeLVTwkJQ

***PROJECT MIX***

This is the first of a few tracks I did for the Wild ARMs project. It's a deep, dark, brutal drum'n'bass track, and I wanted to convey the panicked sense of urgency present in the original score. Kinda going for a Noisia-esque vibe.

-Michael

• 2 weeks later...

The ending felt like a cop out to me, since the whole rest of the track was really strong. Nice clear production, a good treatment of the theme, and good expansion that made sense in both the context of the source and the new style. I loved the synth transitions, and the source was very present throughout while not feeling tired to me at all.

Good stuff.

Yes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Beat is cool. I think the bass synth could use more balls, but it's not bad. The string stabs sound awfully cheesy. I'd go a bit more artificial with the string sound and perhaps make them brighter. Not a huge issue. I love the drums, and the arrangement, while not particularly dense, does keep it's inertia, right until the end, which is anticlimactic.

I'd say..

YES

I've been getting more exposure to Flexstyle's music in the past year or so and I'm more impressed the more I hear.

Great energy in this track. Your arrangement really takes up the energy from the original There are lots of fun changeups, creative effects, and dropouts to keep the listerner on his/her toes. Sweet track dude.

There are a few minor issues I'll point out. There are times were the reverb felt a bit excessive on certain elements in the intro & end. Also, there's some clutter in the low end - I know you're going for heavy low end dnb, but in this case, it feels like you lost some distinction in the various elements. Gonna second Vig on the weak string stabs :).

Agreed on the weak ending too. Sounds either like he got lazy and just ended it or ran out of time/ideas.

But, overall, great dnb goodness (badness?).

Yes