OCR02555 - *YES* Final Fantasy 'Gurgling Desert Pond'

OceansAndrew

Your ReMixer name: blackguitar

Name of game(s) Final Fantasy

Name of arrangement: Gurgling Desert Pond

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Gurgu Volcano

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.: This is my second contribution to the FF1 Project directed by Brandon. An easy listening country-style arrangement that reminds me of maybe a dry desert or a hot volcano. It has been made in the nick of time, when this track did not seem to be claimed anymore. Hope you like it.

• 3 weeks later...

A fun and pretty unique take on the source. If there was a single source that i'd have imagined to be completely METAL'ed out from FF1, it was this one, and then I get this curveball. The style works very well, and reminds me a bit of ilp0's work.

The sound is a touch over compressed, and could use a touch more headroom, but I think it works out well enough. The only sequencing that struck me as a bit off was the fast organ runs sounding too perfected and mechanical, but overall it was a small issue. I do think it could have been expanded and lengthened a touch more, but with the added bridge and unique instrumentation, i'm more than fine passing this.

Yes

• 4 weeks later...

As Andrew said; the one track I would have expected to be balls to the wall metal, and it's country. AWESOME.

This is a unique adaption to the source that I think does a lot of things right. The background guitars and bass really get the feel going, and while I think the organ feels a little mechanical and doesn't quite have the oomph I'd like for a lead instrument, it still gets the job done.

Yeehaw