OCR02326 - Mega Man 3 & 2 "Magnetic Fireworks"

djpretzel

just stamp it with the willrock guarantee: guaranteed to be on your ipod without previewing first. Epic as usual, my friend.

Not my favorite of all of wr's work. Still replaying Showdown in a loop on most car trips. But it's still textbook Willrock style, bending source material around his little finger and saying "well these sound good together. and throwing two games in a blender with a dash of synth and sauce for a well rounded sound that delights me everytime. I think it's time to package the man's mixes into an OC album of their own (honestly i think there's enough for a 2-disk sp. ed.).

Wow very nice Willrock! When I saw this on the front page, I was hoping it just wasn't a direct post of your track from the GRMRB. While, I enjoyed that track a lot, this definitely feels like the definitive version. The expanded length, expanded soundscape, and the tons of nifty transitions and solo elements really stood out in the version. It's a very fun and enjoyable track! Good work!

Wow very nice Willrock! When I saw this on the front page, I was hoping it just wasn't a direct post of your track from the GRMRB. While, I enjoyed that track a lot, this definitely feels like the definitive version. The expanded length, expanded soundscape, and the tons of nifty transitions and solo elements really stood out in the version. It's a very fun and enjoyable track! Good work!

For the record, I would never have subbed the original, it just didn't feel like a finished piece of music :)

mhm. Good enough to download, but not the kind of style I was expecting from you, Rock. i'll give it another few runs, but the 8/16-bit play turns me off: It sounds too much like it belongs in a game and needs someone to remix it.

Hahaha, we're getting too old for this shit. "Sounds like it's from an old game, looking to be remixed" is a new one. :lol:

Gotta say that WR is one of my favorite remixers as of late on here, with this jam being no exception. The first 1:05 is a fresh take on this level unlike other remixes I've heard of this song (LOVE that little ad lib at 1:02-1:04) and can't go wrong with the Flash Man mix in 15 secs later. Ending wasn't my cup o' tea, but oh well...

Generally dig the whole vibe of this song, which is becoming the norm with Rock. Cheers! :D

Ah, I loved the updates this one recieved, and I also loved the original. Which one I like better is actually hard to say, I think the less maximalist original was actually REALLY enjoyable. My (and my best friend's) personal favorite. But I think this improvement is still quite the improvement. Great job on both accounts.

• 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02326 - Mega Man 3 & 2 "Magnetic Fireworks"