DragonAvenger

Your ReMixer name: Artem Bank

Your real name: Artem Bank

Your website: http://abankmusic.com

Your userid: u=25987

Name of game(s) arranged: Wild Arms

Name of arrangement: The Traveling Band's Last Song

Name of individual song(s) arranged: The Journey Is Your Fellow Journeyers

Additional information about game: None to add really...

Link to the original soundtrack: Uhm, don't know, but here's the source for my remix...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3BWhCxm6IA

Your own comments about the mix:

Well, I'd already done one song for the Wild Arms project, and Jade wanted me to do another, so I found one I liked and did it. I liked the idea of taking the fully orchestrated song of TJIYFJ and making it into a sort of jam band sounding rock song. Really laid back and noodly - but not complicated.

This track's really grown on me with repeat listens - despite the very simple nature of the arrangement, it's got a really accessible radio-friendly charm to it and it doesn't overstay its welcome at all. For the most part, the performances are spot-on, the mixing is pretty nice despite the guitar lead at :49 and later on in the final solo section being pretty buried (although even that contributes to the laid back feel, so I can see that being an intentional choice.)

Not much to say here, I've definitely come around to the style, and it's definitely good enough for OCR as far as I'm concerned.

YES

Some of the playing was ever so slightly on the loose side, but overall I thought this was really nicely done. I love the reverb used for the intro/ending, and the track itself had some good texture and direction, where new elements were adding up to a big finish. Source use was good, if somewhat vanilla, but I think this is a simple and clean take on a pretty good source.

Yes

• 1 month later...

Nice take on the source here. As mentioned, the playing overall was a little loose . Lead at :51 didn't have much high end, making it sound muffled. I guess it may have been intentional, but it makes it sound dull against the brighter acoustic and harder to cut through the mix. It couldn't potentially been a bigger issue, but it only sticks around until 1:18.

Keys playing the melody from 1:19 were also pretty subtle in the mix for holding the lead melody, but I liked the atmosphere they brought & the sound design.

Great creativity on a pretty short source track turning into a sort of folksy rock mix that doesn't disappoint.

Yes