name of the song is; source:

Remix name: "Reflection"

LOL GUYZ THIS SHUD BE A DIRECT POST FR CHRISTMUS CUZ ITS CHRISTMUZSY

SOUNDING!!!!!!!!!!111trolololololololol

In all honesty, it was an accident. I had never meant for it to sound

like Christmas or winter at all, then I listened to it again while

THINKING about Christmas, and WOOOOW all of a sudden it sounds like

Christmas. Funny how those things work. Could just be me though. It

does kinda have a 'chilly' atmosphere to it.

Not much else to say about this mix, other than what I said in the

original submission, which is here:

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34484&highlight=reflection

Hope you guys dig more than the last time :D

-------------

Edited by djpretzel

Thanks for a really easy vote. I liked the first version and this one improves things across the board, I didn't even realize how much potential was stashed away in that early version until I heard this. Gorgeous piano writing, sounds so much better with these new samples.

I still feel like your drum writing isn't as epic as it could be, some 80's ballad-style tom fills would really tie the last synth solo together, but it's a minor quibble.

Not much to say here, I'm so glad this one came back around as I think it's one of your strongest arrangements to date :-)

YES

• 4 weeks later...

very impressive, no doubt, and MUCH more impactful than the previous version. lush soundscapes, great transitions, and a killer arrangement. solo at 3:30 is just ballin'. you definitely raised your production bar with this mix. nothing but praise here, you're making this remixing business look really really easy. ;)

YES

• 1 month later...

yeah, this is really nicely done; it takes a beautifully colored original and adds a lush backing, some nice arrangement touches (especially that bass writing during the solo), a few different moods, and finishes with style. The lead synth has some great character and expression, and this clicks on just about every front.

I do think the drums could be pumped up a bit more, but otherwise, this is what I love hearing. Nice work!

Yes

Put this on for judging and kept getting distracted by people IMing me about other things. Let it go on repeat for about an hour.

Really solid stuff man. Love the texture, especially those gating synths in the background; you are a man after my own heart.

This kind of reminds me a bit of Gitaroo Man near the end. Really solid. Love it.

YES

• 3 months later...

For the record, I've only heard this version.

The track sounded kind of off-key at :33 in a way that was different from the source. Side by side, I see where it came from, but it definitely sounded awkward on the first listen in a way that the source did not. Oh well, not a big deal.

Pretty straightforward arrangement once it kicked off at :26. Pretty good approach here slowing down the theme, and creating a different mood, Very nice dropoff at 1:54, then changing gears completely by isolating the piano and sticking with that for a bit until 2:56.

The latter half felt like it dragged a bit due to the deliberate pacing and tempo, but the arrangement clearly stayed strong overall and kept presenting new creative variations of the source. Good stuff, gradually getting way more energetic and over the top with melodic embellishments as things went on. Read Shariq's comparison of the closing section to Gitaroo Man after my vote, and I totally get it. Pretty easy call here!

YES

• 4 weeks later...

I really love the source, and this is a great take on it. I really like the feel of this, it stays true to the original and expands on it nicely. Ok so... arrangement is good, got a few production nitpicks tho. First off, I feel like the piano is a little bit on the thin side, and the drums aren't 100% quite fitting imo. Other little nitpicks are the slightly loud pulse wavey lead, it gets piercing at its loudest. On top of that, the piano doesn't quite fit in the soundscape when its not taking the center stage. Its too exposed. I do like that bell like lead however, it gives this whole thing an anime backing music feel. The use of reverb, while at times a little strong, gives this a really nice texture that washes over you. Overall, this is a really nice take on the theme and it works on quite a few levels.

A few little production quirks but this is good stuff. Nice job bro! :D

YES