Whoa...did you see that? (Pokemon Snap Opening Remix)

imazi643

This is an arrangement I'm currently working on for Pokemon Snap's opening theme (A Mysterious Sighting). You can find the original song here:

I am working on a sort of story based thing where some voices of the main character will be added on as he tries to take a picture of Mew (those who've played this game, kudos if you know what I'm talking about :-D). Anyhow, looking for any tips/criticism/praises, just tell me what you think so far about this draft.

Here's the link: http://soundcloud.com/imazi643/whoa-did-you-see-that-1st

Something more unique on OCR. And it's from Pokemon Snap. I'm looking forward to this.

It took way too long for the intruments to kick in. Either cut the intro significantly or introduce more instruments earlier. I would stick with the latter option.

As for the instruments, they're mostly fine, but I want to wait for the final mix before commenting further.

Also, it's easy to tell the bird sounds were from a looping pre-made sample, since I heard the same chirp at least five times. Their has to be a million other bird sounds out there, so search for more unique samples to add to what you already have (or you could record it yourself). Lower the prominence of the nature sounds as the instruments kick in, since they tend to overtake the instruments.

Something more unique on OCR. And it's from Pokemon Snap. I'm looking forward to this.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy the final product.

It took way too long for the intruments to kick in. Either cut the intro significantly or introduce more instruments earlier. I would stick with the latter option.

I'm currently working on this, and I agree with your standpoint.

Also, it's easy to tell the bird sounds were from a looping pre-made sample, since I heard the same chirp at least five times. Their has to be a million other bird sounds out there, so search for more unique samples to add to what you already have (or you could record it yourself). Lower the prominence of the nature sounds as the instruments kick in, since they tend to overtake the instruments.

Hmm...I will work on this. But for now, I'm just working on notation and overall development of the arrangement, so this is on my low priority,

Okay...so I won't be changing the harp sample until I am done with the arranging...so that's that. I also started a bit on the bird samples, for like the first three seconds you can hear what I've done so far. I changed some stuff, such as length and earlier instrumentation. Also I took out the part with the wolf and thunder. I added more melody. The point where I stopped is not the end...for anyone who thinks it is. So...yeah. Please take a listen and be sure to critique it.

http://soundcloud.com/imazi643/whoa-did-you-see-that-3rd

• 2 weeks later...