OCR02550 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) "Corn-fed Kong"

Liontamer

It's been a real long time since I've heard anything I would consider to be real classic country on OCR, which is one of the many reasons why I was looking forward to this track. Just like most of the album's tracks, this ReMix seems to take the feeling of the original and take it up several notches, which I am truly thankful for. Love the piano and violin work by Diotrans and Diggi Dis. Fantastic take on Rockface Rumble.

• 3 years later...

I gotta admit, I'm not big fan of country music, but this track caught my attention immidiately for some reason. It's so playful and inspiring. I can easily imagine some countryside when listening to this song: bright green grass & trees, clear blue sky, shiny yellow sun, some little cute buildings here and there, ahhh... I simply can't resist the atmosphere here. The violin playing was great, as well as bouncy piano licks and guitar parts. Wonderful!

• 2 months later...

Great track really been digging it. I must say though I do find the constant fast strumming of the (is it a) banjo starting at 2:09 (but also in other parts of the track) a bit unnatural and too perfect if that makes any sense. Apart from that It's gold!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02550 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) "Corn-fed Kong"