ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on PATREON!!

Old 12-29-2008, 04:39 AM
Cody Tucker
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know where I can get some orchestral percussion? I'm using Garageband, and a lot of the stuff I find doesn't even work. all I've been able to find were some timpani's and a triangle sadly. I'm really wanting some bass, tenor, and snare drums. Thanks a ton everyone, =D.

-Blur
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Anyone know a good harmonica sample? Has to be wav (or anything sample-based).. been looking around for hours to no avail
Old 02-10-2009, 02:45 PM

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lms2c5
i've been trying to find this particular shakuhachi (i assume) sound for ages with no luck at all. the tracks are from goemon's great adventure (n64). the one in the last clip might be a different sound but it's just as beautiful. i love the sexy attack on every note (i can't quite describe it in words). if anyone can help me with this i would be eternally indebted to you.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ffish
I'm looking for an 80s drum set (preferably 80s goth, a la Sisters of Mercy). Can anyone help me out?
Old 02-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Ben Hoffman
Tanooki Mario (+1500)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Anybody know of a good acoustic piano soundfont with a soft attack? I've been looking for one for a while and all the ones I've found are too hard.

OCR Mario Kart 8 Tournament: 0268-4142-9420 | Highlight playlist
Old 02-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Brandon Bush
Luigi (+2000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian Lemon View Post
Anybody know of a good acoustic piano soundfont with a soft attack? I've been looking for one for a while and all the ones I've found are too hard.
You can adjust the attack on just about any decent soundfont player, so take your pick of the good SF's that are out there. Clavinova is pretty good, but TASCAM's CVI piano vst (free) is great. You can also easily adjust the attack on that as well.

Artwork by a fan (whose name unfortunately escapes me) of "Dragon Song". Thank you!
Old 03-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Sean H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffish View Post
I'm looking for an 80s drum set (preferably 80s goth, a la Sisters of Mercy). Can anyone help me out?
Bluenoise has a VST plugin called MyDrumsetRocks. It has a 70's version, it might have the sound you're looking for.
http://www.bluenoise.no/home.html
Old 04-01-2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffish View Post
I dont know the sound of Sisters of Mercy, but Drumsets of the 80s and much more are here: http://samples.kb6.de/downloads.php

Best regards
Gee
Old 04-14-2009, 11:58 AM

Well, a quick search for violin turns up nothing. Anyway, I'm looking for a nice solo violin. I've been using DSK's strings VST. As a violinist, I thought it was decent as free VSTs go. Everyone who listens to my current WIP mix, however, disagrees. I haven't found any free soundfonts that come close to good. They're either recorded on less-than-ideal mics or they're just soundfonts of low-grade string synths. The only thing that I've found slightly intriguing is a quick look at Garritan Stradivarius. It's high-quality but a major pain to use.

So yeah, if anyone has any recommendations, I would REALLY appreciate it.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:59 AM

Steel Pan Sample

I'm working on a remix (not the one on WIP) but i have nothing close to a sound for a steel pan and i need one. I did a search and nothing came up so if you know of anywhere where i can find one hit me up. thanks