ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on PATREON!!

Old 11-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Red Mage (+400)

Send a message via AIM to Audity
Guitar blends in really well actually, and is the driving highlight of the mix overall. Except for its solo section. (Already posted before this, just wanted to say this.) I didn't like it at first for some reason, which just says how different each subsequent listen has actually been if such a dramatic change in my opinion has occured already.

this is Flik eating a happy cookie
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Send a message via AIM to Ranael
The guitar was awesome, I love Tepid's guitar work. TO was great and Pixietricks vocals were gorgeous. I loved this mix that's is all their is too it.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:41 AM
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)

Loved it, especially Tepid's guitar play. Ms. Tricks sounds as beautiful as always and TO rounded it out nicely with his beats. Tepid, check your pm inbox, I sent request for tabs!! :D

Whenever in doubt, toss a coin.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Bad Dude (+500)

Grade A stuff, even on this site.

Even though it might lack direction as noted by other posters, it is still probably in the top 10 of this entire site. This is one of the select few that I can actually grade professional... I would expect to hear this in an actual commercial or on the back-burner of a dark, mysterious scene in a movie. This is clearly the best 'in the background' track on this site.

Orch, this is clearly another strong submission and the way it was put together screams volumes, even if the track itself doesn't.

Ms. Goldin, although you weren't the front and center in this particular remix, I believe this is your best. Your vocal range is astounding, and for this reason, I believe your voice completely dominates other tracks. While this isn't a bad thing if you are trying to showcase your talents, it sometimes detracts from the song itself. Here you were put into a supporting role to the piano and electric and complemented it perfectly. Hitting the uppers really contributed a massive amount of meaning (read:emotion) to the track that might have been lacking in your absence. For this reason, every single artist was clearly highlighted without any single artist taking away. By putting a measure of restraint in the amount of use of vocals, this song really came into its own.

All too often you see tracks trying to pass itself by flooding the sheer talent as opposed to the original, well thought out processes of music. Congrats to all three of you. This is a the exmplar of a perfect collab.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Sounds like a piece of work, the sequence and transitions keep the track alive definately. I started playing the track when i was going down a cavern in FFXII and i fell in a spot wher the minimap was fuzzin up and met an Esper While this music was playing. It definately made the experience memorable since i was a low level, new to the game, and very focused in the dark room of the night. I got whooped, but all i could think is how perfect the track was. The tiddy bitties of switcheroo's on the guitars grabbed my attention, kinda like how I think Radical Dreamers: Unstolen Gem should be made for Chrono Cross.So Staying on subject your track is like walking down a path your skeptical to walk and a Jill trying to rile you up for a good scare.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:50 PM

I really really liked this, until the electric guitar entered in :\

The acoustic was great, and fit with the song as a whole, but the electric that came in midway ruined the music for me. Just seems very out of place when compared to the rest.

But the rest was great!
Old 11-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Philip Schwan
Goomba (+100)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Is it me or hath no one yet noticed the other vg theme reference at 1:10-1:12?

Free cookie up for grabs for the winner...
Old 11-08-2006, 04:14 AM
Red Mage (+400)

Send a message via AIM to Audity
Just sounds like a nice chordstuffs, but given the rest of the notes I'll have to say it's something that Hiroki Kikuta made originally. Like Soukaigi.

No thanks I already have a cookie, as you can see. (That's not me.)

0:46-0:47 and all subsequent similar parts sounds like the title screen of Ocarina of Time.

And the above person should get used to the electric guitar because it actually sounds really nice to me, when it didn't bef...I already said this 2 times.

this is Flik eating a happy cookie
Old 11-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Travis Petty
Raccoon Mario (+1450)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audity
And the above person should get used to the electric guitar because it actually sounds really nice to me, when it didn't bef...I already said this 2 times.
Maybe you should get used to people having opinions.

Click my sig for some free musicks =D
"If you want your dreams to come true, you mustn't oversleep."
Old 11-09-2006, 12:38 AM
Philip Schwan
Goomba (+100)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Yeah

I respect everyones opinions, as it contributes to me becoming a better mixer, and I'm taking everything into consideration.

Audity, I'm glad it works for you, because that's what I had intended when I was recording the guitar, something to chew on. If it doesn't work, then I hope that you can bypass it and appreciate the rest of the song as if it were your own

The fact that I got to work with such talented collaborators is it's own reward and I congradulate them and their merits.

Tags
guitar, piano, singing, strings, vocals-female