SIDfection: SID themed chiptune album by k-wix!

k-wix

Hey everyone, I wanted to announce a new album of mine just got released over on OCRecords!! It's basically an entire 'SID' themed chiptune album.

You can purchase the album on OCRecords:

http://overclockedrecords.com/release/sidfection/

Album Teaser

Awhile ago I landed a small freelance job doing some music for a vita game that celebrated each generation of console, I was responsible for the SID segment of the game. I kinda fell in love with the track I wrote for the game, and decided I wanted to turn it into a full on album. About a solid year later, here we are! Comments and Feedback are absolutely welcome - thank you all so much for checking it out :)

http://overclockedrecords.com/release/sidfection/

• 3 months later...

Hey mate, I'm afraid I can't really offer a proper review on the merits of this album because of how unfamiliar I am with chiptune music, but I like what I hear! Really diverse, adventurous melodies that keep things fresh within the confines of the sound chip. Track 6 was probably my favorite, those crazy arpeggios really did it for me :-) Production-wise, this really caught my attention, it sounds a bit bulkier and bassier than your average chiptune track... Forgive my ignorance, but what was your process for producing this? Did you take the purist approach to producing these or did you take some creative liberties with the tracks? They sound great!

• 2 weeks later...

Creative liberties were definitely taken. It's not pure in any way, shape, or form. The intent was less to show what the original sound chip could do and more so to pay homage to that distinct flavor of sound. Track 6 is pretty neat, and also my wife's favorite - but personally, I like track 2 the most. Either way, thanks for the feedback :) means a ton!

Also, if anyone's interested, you can check out Track 2 in its entirety here: