OCR00188 - Super Mario RPG "Bukki's Tango"

m68030

• 1 month later...

More SM RPG mixes! WHOOOO!

Oh, yeah, this one is an oldy to me. This game has the most memorably music, and this mix adds to that while giving a professionally done arrangement. It's too bad this track is only played during a brief part of the game. Actually now that I think of it, a lot of these tracks are played at one specific point in the game. All the more reason to remix more SM RPG WHOOOO!!

If I had some remixing skills, I'd do this game's soundtrack in a heartbeat.

• 2 weeks later...

I always wanted to see a mix of the dungeon-ish theme that you first hear in SMRPG, this has just about the best sound that an artist can give to a song that has been almost overheard, but i still cant get enough of this almost creepy-sounding theme, the clarinet-ish sound of the main riff sounds perfect and the beat given is faithfull to keeping it on-track and perfectly timed.

MCVaffe has always been good at what he did, and this is one of the pieces i call artistically perfect.

• 1 month later...

Unbelievable remix, Oustanding. This is definetely one of my favorite games in the world, I always love to hear remixs from SMRPG.

Great, great stuff Mcvaffe. I actully downloaded this sometime ago, I didn't really listen to it. Browsing my files again I heard it and could take off the loop button. I just had to write about how much I liked it. Very nice work my man.

It's a great remix...but hasn't it been around for quite some time now? Aren't we a little late here?

You can post reviews any time you want to. After all, the remixes are all new to the people who are just discovering this site.

Anyway, McVaffe is an awesome contributor (as we all know), but some of his remixes are better than others. This, imo, is one of the better McVaffe remixes - it's pleasent to listen to, has a fair amount of variation, and the sound quality is very good.

• 2 months later...

McVaffe is (or at least was) one of the more prolific contributors here on OverClocked ReMix, and that is certainly not a bad thing. So saying, the piece Bukki's Tango is a very well-done piece by most standards. The string introduction was excellent, very befitting of the atmosphere that the original Booster's Tower imposed on the player. The drums that come in after about the 45' mark were not required though and took away from the classical effect that could have been achieved by our McVaffe. The strings and clarinet/oboe (I can't tell which off the top of my head; leaning towards the latter) compliment each other well, and the drums and other effects work, but if the drums had been left out the piece would have taken on a very nice and well-appreciated classical air. Oh well. When one has the occasion to get such an excellent piece, one must take the bad with the good, must one not? All in all, Bukki's Tango was a very nice piece assembled by one the best ReMixers on OCR, the highly-acclaimed McVaffe.

• 1 month later...

This mix is awesome. For the first few seconds I heard the familliar tango tune, and wondered what was gonna happen that was going to make it at all SMRPG-like. Then we get the "Booster's Tower" theme, adn the first thing I thought was, "Kick Azz!", becasue I always liked that theme. Then the drum track kicks the ReMix up to the next level. This mix is awesome.

EDIT: lol - I said it was awesome at both the beginning and the end!

• 1 month later...

This one gets my stamp of approval for sure...

I'm as much a fan of pure classical mixes as anyone out there, so I was digging this just fine for the first 40 seconds... then the drums came in and I was REALLY digging it. One thing that's common among most McV covers is that he distributes the percussion sounds well between the high, mid, and low ranges. No exception here, as the groovin' hip-hop-eque rhythm and orchestral instruments blend with surprising wholeness.

The only other thing I could conceive of any differently is the ending; it seemed to fade out too suddenly, especially for the laid-back mood it gets you in as you listen.

All the samples were flawless (including the often-poorly-done choral thing... epecially liked the windchime effect, used in perfect moderation) except the cello/bass thing when it's exposed for a few seconds at the beginning. Horridly minor nitpick, though, as the line sounds perfect as soon as it has something over top of it (when the upper strings come in a few seconds later).

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Ah I was sorta expecting the theme from Carmen to come in at the beginning but once the Booster's Tower theme comes in, its all good!

I loved the original theme and McV only makes it better

McVaffe always finds the mellow or classical songs and adds some funky techno beats to them which is what I love :)

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

In point of clarification, a waltz and a tango have completely different time signatures that make it very difficult to dance one with the other. This is most definitely a tango, not a waltz.

As for the mix itself, I'm positively in love with it. Tango happens to be my favorite style of ballroom dance, and having more music to practice to (especially electrotango) makes me happier than I can say.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00188 - Super Mario RPG "Bukki's Tango"