OCR00015 - Bubble Bobble "Hillbilly Rodeo"

Bubble Bobble 'Hillbilly Rodeo'

Hell yeah! This is a MUST download! I didn't know djp could sound so convincingly "backwoods". It's really not that bad at all, and it is hilarious! It was when djp posted this to the site that I decided I could probably get away with my ROBOVoice shtick. Damn I can't help but laughing while listening to this. DOWNLOAD THIS NOW if you haven't heard this already. This should be required listening for everyone who visits OverClocked.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I just heard this about 15 minutes ago after a friend sent it to me and I lost it the moment it started. I've always been a fan of humor remixes and this one is no exception. If anyone should be found guilty it should be anyone who doesn't download this. It's a must.

YEEEEEHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You did a great job on this one, but it didn't really give me the hillbilly white-trash feel it should have. I'd suggest using instruments that a hillbilly band would use. You know, like a whistling jug and a fingernail washboard and a big base plucker.

• 1 month later...

Hey hey, no one bash this classic piece of DJP goodness! Ya ever look at the "favorite mixes" threads this sucker always pops up. It's original, hilarious, and funny too! Stands out nicely from DJP's other stuff too. Yeah, this is a great, a classic, a distinctive OCR timepiece, and always puts a big ol' smile on my face.

Rather surprised there aren't more reviews of this one.

-Mazedude

This piece is musically unviable. There is absolutely nothing to the structure, there is no respect for musical theory. There is nothing that should make me say that I am impressed with this piece.

There. Now I can stop being a music critic and say what I think.

While technically... uh... interesting, this is a very, VERY funny song with a certain propensity towards getting stuck in your head. And the crazy part is, I like having it stuck in my head. This easily surpasses Music of my Groin. As I sit here writing, I'm still chuckling (and this was my tenth time hearing it). If you're looking for a technically impressive remix, look somewhere else. But if you want nothing more than unpasteurized, all-natural, 100% pure hilarity, DOWNLOAD THIS SONG.

But, DJP, one request. More comedy stuff, please. I think Shael Riley needs a run for his money.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I review this mix with a chat session from IRC when I first got this TODAY from Walan...

<Kyoden> Listening to HillyBilly Rodeo

<Walan> djp's best.

<Kyoden> W..t..f...

<Walan> That's what I first said.

<Kyoden> This is funny.

<Kyoden> LoL!

<Kyoden> I like this.

<Walan> That's djp's own voice, btw.

<Kyoden> OMG

<Kyoden> I wonder what he was smoking.

Sweet mother of jebus. What is wrong with you DJP?

No matter, It made me laugh, and I give this mix a good rating, I recommend it, It's worth a quick laugh at the very least.

Wow...the initial vocals made me kinda skeptical, but then it got going.

VERY nice use of the gee-tar - shucks, of all the instrumentation (esp the rhythmic sheep!).

It reminds me very much of the racing levels in Earthworm Jim.

LOL - - the country skat...holy moley...first time I just fell out of my chair near about....

Yes, this mix is excellent.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00015 - Bubble Bobble "Hillbilly Rodeo"