ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on patreon

Sponsors: Bart Verbeek, Cynical Brit, Matt (aka Antidragon), Michael Beauchamp, Wesley "Bahamut" Cho.. + hundreds of supporters! Thanks!!

Old 11-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

A question about note duration

I hope you can help me someway, I have a question about the FruityLoops' piano roll.
You see, when I double-click a note in the piano roll, I can edit its proprieties, and even the Note Duration, but when I try to edit two or more at the same time, I can't edit their duration.
Is there a way to edit them all at once?
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Tanooki Mario (+1500)

If you select multiple notes by holding control and dragging (they should turn red) click at the end of a note (when you get horizontal arrows) and drag to stretch them out. If the notes are different and you need them to be the same length; select them, press shift + d to lower them all to the same size, then stretch them up to what you want.

Good luck, hope that helps!
Old 11-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
If you select multiple notes by holding control and dragging (they should turn red) click at the end of a note (when you get horizontal arrows) and drag to stretch them out. If the notes are different and you need them to be the same length; select them, press shift + d to lower them all to the same size, then stretch them up to what you want.

Good luck, hope that helps!
Thanks for your answer :P
I didn't know about the shit+d thing, but that's didn't solve the problem..
I found a possible solution to manually edit more note durations in one time tho
Old 11-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Tanooki Mario (+1500)

I'm afraid I'm not sure what it is that you're trying to accomplish, could you explain a little more in depth?
Old 11-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

Quote:
I'm afraid I'm not sure what it is that you're trying to accomplish, could you explain a little more in depth?
You see, this is what I want to do, and I can simply do it by double clicking the note I want to modify, but when I select more notes and double-click.. the 'Time' proprietes are not editable, so that I can't modify all the notes' duration at the same time, it can be done by clciking at the end of one note and dragging it, I know, but it's not that accurate

Last edited by Silent Edge; 11-26-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:08 AM
Tanooki Mario (+1500)

Ah, so the accuracy is what you want, I'm not sure what you need to be that precise for but what you could do is make a new note the right length individually, line up its start with the beginning of one of the grouped notes, then turn snap off, zoom in and stretch all the notes while looking at the note close to the timed one and holding control to make minute adjustments to line it up. So far as I know that's about as easy as it's going to get. You could also just copy the note that's the right length and rewrite your passage by copying and pasting, but that would take a while.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Steve Pordon
Ghaleon (+2250)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
holding control to make minute adjustments
Control for selecting multiple notes, Alt for making small adjustments.

-steve