Old 02-25-2007, 04:15 AM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

I Is Back With Questions =)

Yeah, I'm back. Sorry for dissappearing like that, but I have been using the program

I got a few questions. The first is about just a basic instrument: I can't find a Piano anywhere in the program. I searched it in the Browser menu, but I didn't get a result except a loop and a premade beat

The second is fading in/out of different sounds. Like, under Pads, there's a lot of sounds there...my question is how can I fade them, or can I somehow make my own of that type of sound

Like always, help is appreciated!
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:24 AM
Shaun Wallace, Humans + Gears Director
Simon Belmont (+2500)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Well there is always fl keys for piano? Right click on a channel (if ur on windows...sorry i don't use macs) and go to replce or insert and select fl keys. Although I'd highly recommend 4front piano module. I believe you can download it for free.

As for automating (having control) of the different types of sounds with a pad you got two options.

1. One if it's a single instrument like sytrus, you need to find the individual knobs that control the different sounds then right click and automate. Just start moving the different knobs around on sytrus and see how it affects the sound, you know the old guess and check method.

EDIT: you can only automate the knobs on the instruments that come with fl studio. 3rd party plugins you can't.

2. If you are using multiple devices to create the pad sound, just right click on the volume knob and select automation clip and then you can control the volume on each of the sounds.

If you are using a layer to organize various sounds then click the crossfade button on the layer and play around with those knobs.

Also I highly recommend trying completely random shite all the time. You might not create the exact sound you are listening for, but you'll prob end up creating something pretty cool by mistake. Expmerimentation is always the best way to learn IMO.

Last edited by avaris; 02-25-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:29 AM
Skrypnyk
Ghaleon (+2250)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Thank you avaris! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

btw, apparently FLStudio won't run on mac computers, do you don't have to worry about that.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Simon Belmont (+2500)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrypnyk View Post
Thank you avaris! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

btw, apparently FLStudio won't run on mac computers, do you don't have to worry about that.
oh crap i always forget fl doesn't run on macs

Old 02-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

It's all good.

Yeah, that solves the piano problem. I'll have to try messing with the knobs later on.

I'm trying to "remake" this beginning with the piano, but I'm struggling (I've tried it with other instruments before I knew about the piano): www.supermariolegacy.com/TestVideos/Sample.mp3

I thought it would sound good with the piano, that's why I was wondering
Old 02-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Preston Chin
Red Mage (+400)

You could always use a piano soundfont if you want, although you'll have less freedom to alter the sound since all you can do is apply FX. Still, there are qutie a few decent ones out there.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:31 AM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

That's true. I haven't gotten and other soundfonts or anything since I started with it

I was successfully able to re-create the beat!

Another thing I was wondering is if anyone had a good resource for string instruments...specifically instruments like a harp and others like that
Old 02-28-2007, 02:36 AM
Preston Chin
Red Mage (+400)

Sry I correct what I said earlier, you CAN edit the samples in soundfonts. You just need the right software. =P (As always)
Old 03-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

This may be a stupid question, but I need to ask it

I may be missing it, but FL Studio doesn't come the sounds of instruments I need. I'mm looking for a Harp and a Xylophone and a Flute. I haven't seen those in FL Studio yet

I was wondering, where can I get those (unless they're in the program and I missed it / If it's possible to get those sounds)? Do I have to pay? And lastly, if they're out there, do they work the same as the other instruments?
Old 03-02-2007, 12:24 AM
Simon Belmont (+2500)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

search online for soundfonts. You can find many good ones. Go to Darkesword's website he has a bunch of really good ones there. Def check out a soundfont called squidfont, i believe it should have all of the things you are looking for.