OCR00799 - *YES* Monkey Island 2 'Monkey Brain Soup for the Soul'

djpretzel

Hello, I have an awesome new "remix" of several themes from Monkey Island 2, titled "Monkey Brain Soup for the Soul". Someone recommended I submit it here, so here I am. The only problem is, the MP3 file is a whopping .05 over your 6 megabyte file limit! If that's too much fine, but I don't want to cut anything out of the song.

Anyway, the song is at http://animutation.mixnmojo.com/monkeybrainsoup.zip,

zipped and everything.

The ID3 tag is also not in accordance with the guidelines... Mainly for two reasons, one, other people are downloading the from that address, and if you didn't end up accepting it a bunch of people would still have files marked "OC ReMix". Two, "(Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge) (Monkey Brain Soup for the Soul) OC ReMix" doesn't fit in the title box. Feel free to modify the ID3 tag however you want.

Trapezoid

Ok. I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaalllllly torn on this one.

Shit, I loved this game. I never could get 5 minutes before I'd have to get online and look at the walk through, since the game made absolutely no sense.

Ok, there are some moments of gold in this song, and there is some parts that make me say "what were you thinking?" But at least you were faithful to the original tunes. Ok, so here. I will catalogue which parts were great, and which were not, then say why or why not.

No wait, this is too tedious. I have to finish some other stuff, but I'm going to listen to this a few times until I can figure out why I'm so torn.

DC

Well, I definitely like it. There are some aspects of it that I'm not sure will be well received by the crowd. But the mix is so varied, that I imagine there might be something in here for everyone, or at least a sizable portion of everyone. ;)

If I had to complain about something, I guess it would be that some of the synths don't really fit with what's going on around them.

Vote: Yes