OCR00839 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Grand Dreams (A Hero's Legacy)"

Ginnsu

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 'Grand Dreams (A Hero's Legacy)'

Ah yes, give me some very well orchestrated music any day, and I'll love you for eternity. Teach me how to orchestrate this kind of music, and I'll probably tell you to get off my back. So just keep this stuff coming, and I'll love you for it more and more, people (remixers, composers, musicians, obsessive freaks, whatever it is you like to call yourselves.) Starblaze puts this together very nicely, even if it is rather short for my tastes. The piano is downright beautiful, and the drums nearing the end are perfect. Excellent work, Starblaze, keep it coming.

This remix is so beautiful. That was the first word that came to mind when it was finishing up..then..."that's it?" I would have enjoyed this piece a lot more if it had extended longer..it's really well remixed, one of my favorites on the site and one of the only few that I've listened to for the first time then again a second time in a row. If you ever redo this, keep everything about it except the length. It left me wanting more, and I can't say that about many if any of the remixes I've heard so far. As long as you keep making remixes of this quality, I'll be a fan.

I really enjoyed this piece. My only problem with it was that it wasn't long enough! I really wanted more when it ended. But past that, it's a beautifully done remix. Every transition in it goes very smoothly, but I really liked the one at around 2:05. The feel of the song is relaxing, like something you could close your eyes to. I'd love to hear more from this Starblaze. I second JuJuBee, that if you ever redo it, keep everything except the length.

I think may favorite part of this piece comes in around 2:00 when the Zelda theme comes in. The sections before this point all sounded like a mellow, sorrowful build to this theme. I didn't completely recognize the intro, but then I didn't have to. It was the perfect lead in to the quiet Zelda theme.

Wonderful stuff.

What can I say? This remix sounded like something like Elderscrolls:Morrowwind and Zelda all in one!

AWESOME!

The intro sounds something like a wilderness theme found in Morrowwind (Xbox and PC if you didn't know...) which is sad sounding, then the Zelda theme that sounds morrowwind-isque kicks in.

I love it! It's as close to a Morrowwind remix there is in Overclocked.. And you can't forget the Zelda flavoring either! Great job. We might be looking at a second Jared here.. I just hope you don't disappear off the face of the earth Star Blaze.

I really feel like this is just some background orchestral cheese with absolutely no direction. The long intro is pretty unessisary...and overall things are just kind of quiet and plain. It doesn't get very interesting at all until it gets to 2:00, where it is good...but there's just not enough of it. This type of remix can really be mind-blowing when done right, but I just don't feel like this is doing things for me.

Still, the arrangement was pretty well done.

Nice chord progressions and good use of instruments. Even though this is slow, it's still something to appreciate especially coming from a new mixer like Starblaze. The piano bothered me though. It was good sample, but you almost OVER accented the piano and it cut into the mix too hard. Plus, the ending sucked....in those terms. No resolving of chords whatsoever. Overall, not a bad mix....just some minor tweaks and this would be solid. Decent work. :wink:

Jared

• 2 weeks later...

I very much enjoyed this one. The opening had a very Squaresoft feel with the slow strings and almost mornful winds that I really dig, and I like the way the piano leads into the Zelda theme.

On the other hand, I also feel that there's something missing. While the song rises slightly into the traditional Zelda theme, it never reaches a conclusive climax that I think would help it out immensely. Leave the understated opening of the theme, and the recap of it with the percussion, but instead of ending the song there, have the whole orchestra swell to life to give a more victorious and definitive finale. Leaving the song where it is now feels more like it gave up and went home instead of actually digging up a hero.

The opening to Link's Awakening on the Game Boy is a good example of a quiet song that kicks into the Zelda theme. It's a little too abrupt to apply for the nice, slow build of this song, but something to point at about where I think it should eventually end up.

• 4 months later...

Every time I listen to this, it's like someone's holding my head underwater and I'm hearing my own thoughts blazing by. It's a whole new experience, and an altogether pleasant one. Maybe that first example was a little...off-color, but if there's one thing I can say about this remix, it's that it takes me that much closer to believing that I am, in fact, Link, and it's about to get real dramatic in here. The *good* kind of dramatic.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

this thing is absolutely beautiful. the long intro is SO well done it really doesnt bother that it has nothing to do with zelda... the music is awe-inspiring, and takes to the zelda theme in a very beautiful way. from there, the theme develops and gets really dramatic. the church bells or whatever those things are sound awesome, end the piece has a REAL heroic mood to it, paying homage to its name. the only problem, as someone pointed out, was that it doesnt climax into what could have been, and the ending is indeed something like "O_o dang, it ended there?"

if you developed the ending a little more, this one would be unbeatable. still, its pure greatness.

Cano

link would be proud, as this song pays absolute homage to the hero of time.

• 10 months later...

This, to me, seems like the music that Nintendo would use at a convention like E3. Bring in the press, and sit them down in a dark room in front of a screen--cue the music, and shots of the backdrop, and a narrator telling us of the troubles that have beset this land (going on for two minutes--man, that's a lot of suffering) and then when the Zelda theme comes in, we get a pan in to our Hero--Link. And then get a lot of kickass footage of him pwning all.

Top marks.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

this is by far one of the most beautiful pieces ive heard on OC.

there's only oneflaw--it's waay to short. you should repeat the theme a second time and put a teensy part of a different theme in the background then softly drag it on to make it almost four minutes.

im not sure if that made sense ^^;

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The final songs of a video game are generally its best. The ending theme has to be triumphant, celebratory even. You won! The world is at peace! Way to go, hero! This mix reflects those sentiments. I like to sit back and imagine a story accompanying this tune: as the song opens and the first few chords are coming through, it's as though Link had just landed the final blow. At 0:43, it feels like reflecting over the victory. I really like 1:08, and can’t help but imagining the sun rising over Hyrule right at that moment.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00839 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Grand Dreams (A Hero's Legacy)"