Old 05-12-2002, 02:50 AM
Joe Redifer
Little Mac (+900)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

OCR00054 - Metroid 'efsisos featuring Samus Aran'

Metroid 'efsisos featuring Samus Aran'

Nice and spooky. Starts out without percussion and it gives you a smooth and well laid out melody. The percussion comes in at just the right time and really adds to the mix. I can only imagine a GameCube version of Metroid with this theme in there. We'll see how the GC version sounds but if it is as good as this then it will be a hit. Highly recommended!
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 06-26-2002, 02:03 PM
Eggplant Wizard (+300)

This song is perfect! I can't say enough good things about it! I've listened to ever Metroid/MetroidII/Super Metroid song on this site and would have to say this is tied for first place for the absolute best. While EFSISIOS keeps the original melody from the Metroid theme, he builds up original chords beneath it, and the result is a very smooth sounding tune. The solo piano in the foreground and swelling strings in the background evoke a haunting and mellow mood, but there is an underlying feeling of power that you can sense when you hear the occasional echo of an electric guitar. I can't get over how clever the chord sequences are. Well done, to say the least!

I agree with Joe; the timing on the percussion is excellent and well-executed. It helps add to the mood, it's pleasant not to hear overbearing percussion in a remix for once. ;)

Overall: very melodic, by all means true to the general mood of Metroid, brilliantly done remix.

Personal Rating: 10/10! I can't find a single fault with it! Highly recommended... the cream of the crop when it comes to Metroid music remixes!

The Star Fighter Project --> Updated with more stuff! 7-17-03 8)
Old 07-30-2002, 03:00 AM
Elizabeth Ryerson
Bonus-Kun (+3000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Almost a too optimistic interpretation of a very dark theme, but still a good solid nice sounding mix. Progresses nicely, and ends in a nice fashion, too. Overall, a very well arranged, quality remix that covers the Metroid title theme well...(how many times must I re-iterate myself to get the point across! Dowload it...nnnn...whenever you feel like...but get ready to hear some quality mix-age when you do.)
Old 08-16-2002, 03:23 AM
Bad Dude (+500)

Send a message via AIM to PlatformerMastah
The tune is a tiny bit off, but other than that, it's GREAT! Once the beat kicks in, the remix is truly amazing.
Old 01-11-2003, 07:55 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Killer_Man_ Send a message via AIM to Killer_Man_ Send a message via MSN to Killer_Man_ Send a message via Yahoo to Killer_Man_
Song is pefect in my opinion. Sounds just right and gives a nice beat.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:18 PM
Jesse Taub, Judge
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatformerMastah
The tune is a tiny bit off, but other than that, it's GREAT!
its called creativity. thats what makes it a good mix. anyone can rip midi.

there are a lot ofthings i like about this mix. the mood is good, the chord interpretation is fantastic. howver i think that with a little work this mix could be twice as good as it is. the patches leave something to be desired, especially the harmony guitar. also, i think it doesnt build up enough. in my mind, i hear this song going into a heavy rockin' crunchy guitar driven refrain. (i'm sure many of you noticed that everything i hear in my mind tends to go into a guitar-related something.) i think this mix is very good, but i think it has potential that was not tapped.

"The Illustrious Mr. Taub is basically spot on with his critiques. Just do what he says. Always. Regardless of context."
-OA
Old 12-15-2003, 07:38 PM
Goomba (+100)

Starts out great, well orchestrated and moving.
Good piano and strings sounds.
I liked the interplay that efsisos created between the title screen theme and the Brinstar theme, but it didn't really go much farther than a hint, which was disappointing.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:34 PM

Very well done. Instead of having the crud that they call music in the recent Metroid Prime games, they should have real melodies like this. This song reminds me of a Metroid of better times.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:07 AM
Navid Azeez, The Dark Side of Phobos Director
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredkatana
Very well done. Instead of having the crud that they call music in the recent Metroid Prime games, they should have real melodies like this. This song reminds me of a Metroid of better times.
Bahaha. better not let Darke hear that.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:06 AM
Scott Porter
Sheng Long (+10000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Why does this thread only have 8 replies anyway? This is one of the best Metroid mixes on the site by far, and it's quite old to boot.