OC ReMix on Discord
OC ReMix on Discord is the official chat server for OverClocked ReMix. You can use it to discuss a wide variety of topics related or unrelated to ocremix, but please read the rules first, and follow them. You can access the server using Discord's web, desktop, and mobile clients.
- OC ReMix on Discord: Instant Invite
- announcements: announcements related to the chat server and the community at large
- community: video games, music, and other general discussion
- workshop: music production discussion
- compos: composing and arrangement competitions discussion
- meetups: convention, festival, and other real-life meetup discussion
- Abuse/Harassment: No malicious attacks/insults, meaning no hurtful comments aimed at one with whom you aren't friendly. Any confusion can be clarified with OPs. This includes random, unprompted attacks on those new to the channel or those who are clearly idling and haven't said anything. Note that within the context of an argument, insults are bound to occur; this rule speaks more towards continual abuse or threats after the person in question has asked you to stop.
- Caps/Symbols: Unless making a one-time, one-line point that warrants it, don't use excessive caps, font colors, or other symbols that visually eat up a lot of space or impact the legibility of the channel. Clearly, every once in awhile, saying something in all caps is going to happen, but leaving it one for multiple lines starts becoming distracting, unnecessary, and inconsiderate.
- Flooding/Spamming: Any repeated or excessive posting not required to advance ongoing conversation will result in a kick/ban/whatever. Conversation related entries of high volume that may be considered appropriate will be allowed unless a member of the channel asks the poster to stop because it is disruptive.
- Images/Embeds: Discord includes many options for embedding images and links in-line. This can be fun, but please don't post lots of images/embeds in rapid succession. This can be even more disruptive to the chat than text flooding.
- Scripts: If you have a script that spits out what you're listening to, your computer specs, or whatever, make sure it is under control (e.g. doesn't spew out ten songs in three seconds) and cannot be abused by others to spam/flood the channel.
- Politics: In a best case scenario, political discussion can result in lively debate and discussion. More often than not, however, it can lead to protracted, heated arguments. We've decided to minimize discussion of politics on the server. A few comments here and there are fine, but if extended discussion starts taking place, you'll be asked to take it elsewhere.
There may be more offenses outside the types listed that are disruptive to the channel. We will do our best, however, to make this list the definitive authority for behavior to be avoided. We ask that if you have any doubts about doing or saying something on the channel you THINK could be disruptive, but isn't mentioned above, please refrain and/or ask an OP for guidance.
- First Offense: Kicked from channel - you'll have the ability to come back and find out why you were kicked, to prevent further problems. It is your responsibility to contact the OP in question and get clarification, not the other way around.
- Second Offense: Banned for an hour. It is your responsibility, after an hour, to contact a server OP with a request to be unbanned, explaining the situation.
- Third Offense: Banned permanently.
Notes/Exceptions: If you intentionally evade any ban, it may be extended indefinitely or until an OP decides to unban. If it's clear you're having others disrupt the channel on your behalf, everyone involved will be banned indefinitely or until an OP decides to unban. Any additional repercussions resulting from illegal actions take precedence over the above.