- Using our referral links below when purchasing from our affiliates helps cover the site's bandwidth costs and support some excellent partners in the process.
- Amazon aStore - 6% of every purchase made through the OC ReMix aStore helps pay for site costs at no extra cost to you - help OCR today, and let friends know they can support a great cause.
- Dreamhost - Excellent shared and dedicated web hosting with generous bandwidth.
- eStarland.com - Games, consoles, anime merchandise, and more, with international shipping.
- Mad-Gear LLC - Our convention partners provide you not only with OCR gear, they specialize in a deep selection of new & used import games.
- LiquidWeb - OverClocked ReMix's primary web hosting provider; great dedicated hosting.
- VG Frequency - Larry "Liontamer" Oji's former Atlanta radio show, repurposed as OC ReMix's official blog covering the video game arrangement scene.
- Zzounds.com - Music hardware & software with excellent prices & fast shipping.
Game Music Arrangement Community
- AMIGAremix - Similar to Remix.Kwed.Org, AMIGAremix caters to arrangement fans of Commodore's other popular system, the Amiga.
- Arrange Stream - Your (Japanese-language) guide to the loose confederation that is Japan's doujin VGM arrangement scene.
- Dwelling of Duels - The popular monthly live performance arrangement competition.
- OverLooked ReMiX - OLR is the comedic offshoot and bastard stepcousin of OCR.
- Remix.Kwed.Org - The definitive guide to C64 MP3 remakes showcases SID remixes.
- Remix64 - The informational hub and gathering point of the Commodore arrangement scene.
- Remix:ThaSauce - R:TS has a relaxed quality control system in the attempt to showcase more music.
- The Shizz - Forum home of Arizona band Minibosses, it's a hangout for many scene rock enthusiasts.
- Videogame Music Archive (VGMusic) - Video Game MIDI music from NES, SNES, N64, Game Boy, Genesis, Master System, Sega Saturn, Sony PlayStation, Turbo-Grafx 16, and more!
- VGMix - VGMix is part of a community of amateur musicians who write arrangements of video game music.
- VgPiano - A pianist's dream, VgPiano is focused on arranging in the 88 keys.
- Blood on the Asphalt - A Super Street Fighter II Turbo ReMix collaboration with an urban flavor, responsible for Capcom selecting OCR for the Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix soundtrack.
- Chrono Symphonic - Designed to be the orchestrated soundtrack for the long-desired Chrono Trigger movie.
- Delta-Q-Delta - Tributing id's classic FPS Doom II: Hell on Earth, arranging composer Bobby Prince's score in various dark and demonic ways.
- Hedgehog Heaven - A Sonic the Hedgehog 2 arrangement project featuring developing artists.
- Kong in Concert - Donkey Kong Country's memorable soundtrack is diversely handled here, and generally regarded as OCR's most creatively successful album project.
- OC ReMix: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Official Soundtrack - Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix's soundtrack, the first major publisher game soundtrack that's 100% fan-created. Produced for Capcom, released free for the peeps.
- Project Chaos - Inspired by the game with LOCK-ON TECHNOLOGY™ (and possibly Michael Jackson), Sonic 3 & Knuckles was rearranged in a variety of styles.
- ReCapitated - Focusing on one of the most memorable pieces of VGM ever created, Sonic the Hedgehog 3's IceCap Zone, resulting in an album of biblical proportions.
- Relics of the Chozo - The album project that started it all, a Super Metroid Musical Collaboration.
- Repercussions of Fowl Lamentation - RoFL is a humorous upgrade to the hallowed soundtrack of Duck Hunt.
- Rise of the Star - An upbeat collection of arrangements from the classic NES platformer, Kirby's Adventure.
- Summoning of Spirits - OC ReMix's largest community album to date honors both Namco's Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Symphonia, along with tons of bonus mixes, including 3 from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.
- The Dark Side of Phobos - A decidedly dark interpretation of the legendary PC title Doom.
- Thieves of Fate - Tributing the little-known, but formative chapter in the Chrono series, Radical Dreamers.
- Voices of the Lifestream - This 4-disc, 3 1/2 hour album features ReMixers giving it their all in tribute to Nobuo Uematsu's Final Fantasy VII score.
- Bound Together - Several areas of the community contributed to this EarthBound tribute.
- Cave Story Remix Project - An album dedicated to the homebrew sensation Cave Story, and praised by game creator Daisuke "Pixel" Amaya.
- Hybridism - Nine Ragnarok Online arrangements sculpted in a jazz-fusion-esque manner by Joshua Morse and trusty sidekick Anthony Lofton.
- No Balls, No Glory - Created by the Bad Dudes in honor of Super Dodge Ball, which was nothing more than hardcore athletes throwing volleyballs at each other.
- Syntax Era - A perfect match between C64 melodies and hooks, the sound of SID, and classic 80s instrumentation by C64Audio.com.
- The American Album - Mazedude's tribute honors the often-overlooked American video game composers.
Bands / Performers
- Eminence - Based in Australia, this nearly 60-person orchestra aims to spread the orchestra to a wider audience, arranging the music of video games, anime and pop culture.
- Game Over - Fantastic Swedish metal video game cover band - did the great Punch-Out!! ReMix hosted here. Cool.
- Minibosses - One of the very first game cover bands, with a rock emphasis and some energetic material.
- NESkimos - Fun and irreverent video game cover band.
- Neskvartetten - Literally Sweden's NES quartet, they specialize in giving Zelda's music the jazzy treatment.
- PLAY! A Video Game Symphony - From the same team that brought Final Fantasy: Dear Friends to the United States, PLAY's concerts expand the format to a broader selection of game music.
- Project X - The collaborative effort of two musical robots to record new versions of the classic soundtracks of Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 3.
- Select Start - This Florida-based sextet offers something different with their classical repertoire.
- temp sound solutions - Shawn Phase has tons of great rock covers from classic games, with new material constantly in the works.
- The Advantage - "8 BIT nintendo band - serious dudes that rock with good nintentions".
- Video Game Pianist - One of the first pianists to gain recognition and respect for performing video game music on the piano.
- Video Games Live - Tommy Tallarico & Jack Wall's ambitious world concert tour aiming to bring VGM to the masses, including international locations never before visited by a VGM concert.
- Xoc - Performing with almost any instrument or object within reach, Xoc first gained notice with his Super Mario World cover album.
- Binary Zone Interactive - Kenz's retro store and One Man & His Mic podcast are a fan-driven spotlight of the best in the European game music scene.
- C64Audio.com - C64Audio.com works with original composers and fan arrangers for its catalog of Commodore arrangement albums.
- OneUp Studios - Started in 2002 to arrange video game music with a new flavor and license those arrangements for their CD releases, Arkansas band The OneUps are its crown jewel.
Game Music Composers
- Game Music Composers @ OCR - Our sortable list of game composers, with links where available.
- Rocketbaby - The Video Game and Anime Music Journal - good interviews.
Game Music Emulation (NSF, SPC, etc.)
- Please see Chipamp's links page, featuring chiptune news, players, archives and radio/podcasts.
- Chipamp - OC ReMix's official Winamp plugin bundle supporting game music formats (NSF, SPC, PSF, SID, VGM, etc.)
Game Music Industry / Organizations
- Gamasutra - "The Art & Business of Making Games", Gamasutra's resources cover all aspects of the gaming industry.
- Game Audio Network Guild - The Game Audio Network Guild (G.A.N.G.) is a non-profit organization established to educate the masses in regards to interactive audio.
- Gamingforce Interactive Forums - If video game music is your music of choice, you'll find no bigger, more dedicated community for its discussion.
- MAGFest - The Music and Games Festival is THE yearly destination for VGM cover bands, as well as artists & fans of the US-based VGM arrangement scene.
- MobyGames - The world's most comprehensive gaming database project.
Game Music News
- VGMdb - The ultimate resource for information on video game music albums, both physical and digital.
- Game Music Online - Offering journalistic coverage for a wide variety of game music.
- Original Sound Version - Covering and promoting discussion of composers and music with a focus on video games.
- The Ongaku - An online resource for videogame music news and information.
Game Music Radio Stations that Play OC ReMixes
- OCR Radio - Streaming OC ReMixes 24/7, it's the official spot for OC ReMix radio.
- Nitro Game Injection - Much like it sounds, KyleJCrb's internet radio show focuses on rock and metal.
- SLAY Radio - Slaygon provides the Commodore arrangement community's radio fix, even having its craziest members taking turns running live shows.
- The Remixatorium - Who knows what you'll hear when DarkRadish's personal selections occasionally meet sleep depravity and/or booze in this podcast.
- The Super Koopa Troopa Show - VGM meets NPR with deshrill's informative podcast, giving you background on the games that make the music.
- 'ZRN: 'Zone Radio Network - An Internet radio network with various video game genres.
- WARC 90.3 FM - Allegheny College's Music Listening Alternative
- WRUW-FM 91.1 - Cleveland's Most Eclectic Radio Station
- The C64 Take-away - Remix.Kwed.Org's official podcast full of music and news, hosted by R:K:O founder Kwed
- Harmony Central - The biggest, oldest, best online resource for musicians - awesome.
- K-v-R - The definitive site supporting open standard audio plugins (VST, DXi, AU, etc.)
Music Equipment/Software Manufacturer Websites
Access, Alesis, Cakewalk, Casio, Clavia (Nord), E-MU / Ensoniq, Fender, Image-Line (FL Studio), Kawai, Korg, Kurzweil, Lexicon, M-Audio, Mackie, MOTU, Native Instruments, Propellerhead Software, rgc:audio, Roland, Shure, Steinberg, Tascam, Yamaha
Music Theory, History & Terminology
- 120 Years of Electronic Music - Some but not all of the major milestones in electronic musical instrument development.
- Electronic Music Primer - A cool shockwave presentation at the U of Oregon that sums up some basic synthesis concepts nicely.
- Gary Ewers Easy Music Theory - For free, this really ain't bad. Classes, quizzes, answer sheets.
- Jazclass - An online class of sorts, covering basic notation and theory to more advanced topics.
- MIDI and Music Synthesis - Harmony Central tutorial - I wholeheartedly recommend reading this - twice - and saving a local copy.
- RANE Professional Audio Reference - Exhaustive list of audio terms and definitions.
- Buzzmachines.com - The best all-around site for Buzz, and the homepage as well.
- DMOZ Entry for Buzz - Great, organized, annotated Buzz links.
- Cubase.com - Not the official site, but has good forums.
- Steinberg's Official Cubase Forums - Highly moderated but still very useful.
- FL Studio Homepage - FL Studio homepage - best place to start.
- Reason Homepage - Reason homepage.
- ReasonFreaks - Excellent site with many resources, files, and interactive features.
- ReasonStation - Forums, tutorials, refills and more.
- DMOZ entry for MOD Software - Open directory list of good links on MODs / tracking in general.
- MAZ Sound - One of the oldest and best sites on trackers, with tons of links, downloads, and information.
- United Trackers - Non-profit organization of musicians supporting the Internet (MOD) music scene - site has good scene news and resources.
Samples & Patches
Samples in Audio / WAV Format
- Loopasonic - Great site, though requires registration.
- MusicMachines: Samples - Loads of high-quality vintage analog synth samples.
- Sample Arena - Nice, simple site with a variety of sounds.
Samples in Soundfont Format
- Bovbjerg's Piano Instruments - Amazing and FREE large piano samples.
- Hammersound - Huge, mirrored archive of free, high-quality soundfonts.
- Zophar's Game Soundfonts - Soundfonts that use instruments from actual games.