PRC111: Phazon-corrupted synths, anyone? (Metroid Prime 3)

Rexy

It's here, fokes. You asked for it - it's the PRC results! And according to the Stats, we've got the most active round this season so far, so well done everyone!

Now, let's get down to the results, shall we?

Total number of mixes - 5

Total number of votes - 8

Highest possible score - 24

Alex Smith receives the last place wooden spoon with 3 points.

Chickenwarlord sneaks into fourth place with 5 points.

Flexstyle begun his time in the compo via a third place finish with 11 points.

Nutrtious gets blasted into second place with 20 points.

And the winner of PRC111 is Rexy with 21 points!

Attention, ma'am. You need to send a source tune to myself in the next 72 hours or you'll get a slit in the throat.

Eh, yeah. I need to talk to myself less. o_O

Still, whichever the results are, I need to come out with the all important news that I left you guys hanging on. And to be frank, it's actually a little grim.

Now that I'm slowly having to start to phase into the real world a bit, it has meant that I haven't been visiting OCR as often as I should do. In fact, only PRC has been keeping me hanging on a thread, and someday I have to let go of that as well. There's also the fact that I still need someone to take over the Dragon Warrior project as well ever since I've had no time to consult anyone with that in recent times either.

That said, I'm accepting a screening process for both - one person to take over the project, and another to be my PRC successor. I don't know whether to call it quits by PRC117 (which will mark me spending two years running this thing) or PRC130 (the fifth anniversary) but it all depends on how fast I end up finally settling into a job and a new routine in the real world. Regardless, I hope by then I will be able to find someone willing enough to take over when I'm done with this for good.

Is anyone interested in either placement? If so, hook me up with a PM. We'll discuss more in the following week from the message concerning the project, and concerning PRC I'll take you through the first part of the screening process during the next compo's voting stage.

That said, thank you for your time. You can now take it easy for a while until Friday, so see you next mission.

It's good to announce it now, so we have time to find someone.

Hopefully someone can take it the PRC over. If not, I can do it (I have done a FLMC Round and it was fun).

But I'm sure someone else will (It's just in case there's absolutely nobody for the PRC). This contest should continue.

Bunde, you would be a good choice for the job. You've voted in pretty much every round and have showed interest in the continuation of this competition.

Thanks for the support.

But yes, someone else might be a better choice. It is better if a good remixer can do it, so he or she will be able to submit something if it's needed or vote. There are many guys around who can handle it. And 1 + 1 = 2, do you understand....

But I would like to see PRC stay in this form.

It's just that if nobody has the time..... I have enough time in a week to set up and organize the contest.

Also, it's a good idea to post at Vgmix as well, I don't know if that's the reason for the better turnout, but every single remix or vote that can be won is good.

I know what it'll be like, but the fact remains is that I'd have had a good run.

Heck, having been there since the middle of Kamoh's run I've seen people that felt the same way for the days when founder reelmojo ran the contest (and he too seemed to be getting life straight as well). Caleb did a great job in building the foundations together, and I hold him in high regard for that.

Resigning from the host post won't mean that I won't be completely gone from the scene, more like I won't be there as often as I usually would. I'm sure everything will be fine under the hands of the successful candidate, and I will make sure that I have 100% trust in them before passing the torch.

Thank you for being such an outstanding host Bev! Ever since I entered my first PRC (PRC 69 - Tommahawk man!) I have always admired your dedication and positive attitude. You've worked so hard on this competition and I wish you nothing but the best of luck in your future endeavors.

I participated in the very first PRC and honestly I never thought it would make it this far -- a lot of compos come and go on these forums but PRC has managed to outlast them all. This achievement was possible in no small part thanks to you, Rexy.

I know it's not time to say goodbye yet, but since others were chiming in with their appreciation for your commitment I thought I'd throw mine in as well.

Best of British, Bev

cheers.